terminator or fox (retaining value)

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Figured I would ping you folks on here as I am torn between picking up a clean foxbody or a terminator. This is going to sound kind of silly but one thing that I would like is for the car to at least retain its value should I sell at some point. Thoughts on which would retain close to its current value for the foreseeable future?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Terminator. Foxes are starting to tick up for clean ones. Especially the LX notch backs. But imho Terminators have leveled out and are ticking back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rare40th

Established Member
I could be wrong but I feel like unless it's a teal or black 93 Cobra or 93 Cobra R then a foxbody's value won't hold as much? Whereas the Terminator's value will stick at the same price as long as its fairly stock (or all stock parts are put back on) and not much for mileage is put on

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I've had both, and still have a Terminator. I think you are okay either way. I think the hardest part is finding a clean Fox that you'd actually want. I don't think clean Terminators are as hard to find. People paid a lot more for them and babied many of them.

big dad

Established Member
I have both, an 86 GT with 19000 miles original owner, and an 03 with 2250 miles original owner. I've got at least 3 people who want that Fox and the 03 is seldom seen, I call it the Jesus car.

Btw, the 03 has never been in the rain or any inclement weather. I might take it out this year and put 100 miles on it. The chicks dig either car, just kidding.

big dad

Established Member
What are you're plans? Keeping it stock or modding?

The 03 has stealth mods, 512 rwhp and 468 tq. tuned by Tim Barth, mods done by me.

The 86 has 3.55 gears, courtesy FoMoCo, I was a Tech, plus Trickflow HCI, 30 lb. injectors, and breathing mods, I did a lot of driveability issues when I was a Tech.

It has original paint, interior, and mileage, plus owner.

Btw, are you a member of Chicago Mustang Club?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Couldn't go wrong either way I'd say. Foxes seem to be really high right now though, probably the Barrett Jackson effect, idk, I could be wrong. If you are going to keep it for a long time my gut says Terminator.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Btw, had both those cars at the Monticello Iowa car show in 2015, were you there?

No, I'm on the other side of the state.

I do the all mustang car show in Sioux City every year, and when the Hot Rod Power Tour goes through every few years my dad and I join in.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I could be wrong but I feel like unless it's a teal or black 93 Cobra or 93 Cobra R then a foxbody's value won't hold as much? Whereas the Terminator's value will stick at the same price as long as its fairly stock (or all stock parts are put back on) and not much for mileage is put on
This

Rare40th

Established Member
Ideally the Terminator that would be most sought after would have to be painted Sonic Blue with Competition Orange Flake, Half Coupe/Half Vert, Black Insert Seats, IRS, and AFS 18 Replicas..... lol

awful knawful

Established Member
Good foxes are getting rare. I get approached all the time. Mines not mint. But rust free, original and not beat to death.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Both are safe investments in that if you buy them at the right price and take care of them you should be alright. The way I look at it, the Cobra gives you more performance but at a significantly higher cost. The Fox is more affordable while still being fun to drive, but not fast in stock trim by today’s standards. It all depends on what you like and how much you have to spend. Either way you end up with a great car with a strong following.

big dad

Established Member
No, I'm on the other side of the state.

I do the all mustang car show in Sioux City every year, and when the Hot Rod Power Tour goes through every few years my dad and I join in.

Hope to meet up with you guys sometime. I might be heading that direction one of these days before I take that big cruise in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread