Terminator Oil Cooler to Block Adapter Replacement?

itzHypn0tic

Established Member
Hello all,

I recently purchased a crashed 03 cobra for it's drivetrain, but unfortunately I didn't realize how annoying it could be to find a replacement oil filter adapter... The oil filter adapter (or piece that connects the oil cooler to the block) was damaged and is unusable. What are the best options for replacing this piece? Is there any way to bypass this or buy an aftermarket setup? I've seen oil cooler relocation kits, but as far as I know they connect to the oil filter adapter. Would it be possible to replace this piece with a 96-04 mustang adapter and oil cooler? Is there anyway to run an aftermarket relocation system that bolts to the block and cooler? I have a fox body I eventually want to swap this setup into and any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're wanting to run the Terminator set up your two choices are finding another adapter or going with an adapter plate like what MMR makes that gets rid of the cooler. The alternator placement makes it so the coolers from the other years won't work. A buddy of mine went through this in his Mach. He ended up running the remote oil filter with the MMR plate.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

itzHypn0tic

Established Member
If you're wanting to run the Terminator set up your two choices are finding another adapter or going with an adapter plate like what MMR makes that gets rid of the cooler. The alternator placement makes it so the coolers from the other years won't work. A buddy of mine went through this in his Mach. He ended up running the remote oil filter with the MMR plate.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Does the adapter plate bolt directly to the block and does it completely delete the cooler? With the limited research i did, I thought the MM kit connected to the adapter and just relocated the cooler? Does it also provide any other cooling option? As far as I understood, the cooler isn't "necessary", but you really should have it if you plan on any decent abuse...

Could you send me the link for it?

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Is this what you need?

e04b0811cd6b2ff6dca68da888c7feae.jpg

2c7d7c0e409f7c0ee14f7effb4371e17.jpg

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Does the adapter plate bolt directly to the block and does it completely delete the cooler? With the limited research i did, I thought the MM kit connected to the adapter and just relocated the cooler? Does it also provide any other cooling option? As far as I understood, the cooler isn't "necessary", but you really should have it if you plan on any decent abuse...

Could you send me the link for it?

It's two different parts. The plate that MMR sells bolts to the block and deletes the oil cooler. It has ports that you can screw AN fittings into. Those fittings would work with the MM filter relocation kit.

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...ducts_id=251&zenid=tlvg6r327kjkcmcl4f49cbnmj7

Users who are viewing this thread