Terminator Needs a Tune

Treyster87

Terminator aka Deathstroke
Established Member
So, my terminator is in desperate need of a tune.

I don't know who exactly I should go with, who will tune it right, who will not screw me and/or who knows what they are doing.

If you guys have previous experience, know someone, know a place or have suggestions please let me know. I'm not seeking max rwhp or anything, just want something reliable that I can drive whenever I want.

An idea of what I have and what I'm looking for will be listed below. (not everything is listed)

Thanks!

Mods:
-DSS Pro Modular Short Block (281 to 327) 5.3 Stroker
-Solid Axle w/33 spline diff and axle
-2.3L Whipple w/19lbs of boost
-SCT Pro Racer software
-C4 Auto
-80lb injectors w/3/4 braided feed
-KB boost a pump w/double 255 in tank
-3.55 Gears
-Custom grind comp cams
-Stage 3 p&p heads

Like I said, this is only a fraction of what's done, but it gives you a good idea.

Last edited:

Treyster87

Established Member
I'm located in Houston,TX so, I will be trying to stay local-ish.

Thx for the reply tho!

Last edited:

Low_Kal

Established Member
When in Dallas I have always used Gearheads in Arlington. Good guys and Travis knows his stuff.

txrunner

Established Member
I have had good experiences with Houston Performance. Chris & Steve are good guys & easy to work with / get ahold of. I had my 96 cobra tuned there, my 03 pullied tuned & now blower upgrade tuned there. No complaints. Figure around $400 to tune it. Good Luck

Codie

Established Member
Don't go with GearHeads, They are complete morons. They tuned my car before doing a compression test and I specifically asked them to do so! I got the car back leaking coolant like crazy and was tuned for shit. The car has loads of electrical problems it never had and vacuum leaks galore. It also has a bad gasket that they neglected to mention or fix even though I paid them over $2,000. All I got was a poor tune and a bad motor.. Went back over some of their work and it was so rigged it's ridiculous, zip ties everywhere, bent metal hoses, etc. My advice is to stay away from them.

Chris@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So, my terminator is in desperate need of a tune.

I don't know who exactly I should go with, who will tune it right, who will not screw me and/or who knows what they are doing.

If you guys have previous experience, know someone, know a place or have suggestions please let me know. I'm not seeking max rwhp or anything, just want something reliable that I can drive whenever I want.

An idea of what I have and what I'm looking for will be listed below. (not everything is listed)

Thanks!

Mods:
-DSS Pro Modular Short Block (281 to 327) 5.3 Stroker
-Solid Axle w/33 spline diff and axle
-2.3L Whipple w/19lbs of boost
-SCT Pro Racer software
-C4 Auto
-80lb injectors w/3/4 braided feed
-KB boost a pump w/double 255 in tank
-3.55 Gears
-Custom grind comp cams
-Stage 3 p&p heads

Like I said, this is only a fraction of what's done, but it gives you a good idea.

I know your looking for someone local in your area, but you can always count on Lund Racing to give you the tune you are looking for! We get all of our shop cars tuned by them. I know it's an email tune but we have never had a complaint about there tunes from any customer!

wreckit

Established Member
Call Chris Car Doc! I live in Houston/Cypress and i scheduled my dyno tune for April 16th. Have guys at work and all over recommend him. He specializes in mustangs!!

For shop work, go to midnight performance. Cheap and one hell of a place!

Or call Triangle Speed Shop. They also specialize in mustangs.

Anyone can tune a car, but not everyone can do it right!
Also, StOOpid fast is a good shop that dynos well.

Treyster87

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up Codie.

Also, wreckit a friend of mine also said good things about Chris' Car Doc! They are very close to me as well and might be a better fit.

Thanks!

wreckit

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up Codie.

Also, wreckit a friend of mine also said good things about Chris' Car Doc! They are very close to me as well and might be a better fit.

Thanks!

I should be taking mine to Chris Car Doc on Friday, if everything goes to plan! All the places i listed are shops i would take my 03 to. Wouldn't suggest otherwise.

juskol18

Established Member
Houston performance has always worked on my cars and I drive over 3 hours to get there! Chris is a great guy to work with. I can't tell you anything bad about them, other than I wish they were closer lol

Users who are viewing this thread