Terminator low idle +/-750

jeremyklatt1992

Established Member
Hey guys and girls. I have a 2004 Redfire Terminator and my idle rpm is about 750, but when I bought it in July of 2018 she had an idle of about 1000 rpm. Any idea what might cause this? I've already replaced the rear o2 sensors just not the front. I suspect it might be a vacuum leak. Help!!
IMG_20180725_231925.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Could possibly be a dirty IAC. FYI the rear O2’s only show the cats are functioning properly. They don’t meter or see the air and fuel like the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Where's that located? I've looked it up online and never found the exact spot.

If I remember correctly on top of the intake plenum. Which is after the Throttle body before the supercharger. Have you tried to see if you have any codes? You could try cleaning the IAC to see if that helps.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Also you could also try spraying some carb cleaner near vacuum lines to see if the idle changes. If it was a decent vacuum leak you would think the Service Engine Soon Light would illuminate.

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
Behind the throttle body on the supercharger plenum. I’d also check your PCV lines, particularly the one that’s on the back of the blower. I know when I first got my car that line was almost tore in half where it was kinked and old. I never got a code for it that I remember.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Don't just throw parts at it. Figure out what's wrong.

And generally a vacuum leak causes a high idle. Depending on where it is.

What are the specs on the car? Stock? Tuned? Any recent changes?

My guess is the throttle body was sticking before and causing your 1000rpm idle. It has since freed up allowing the car to idle where its supposed to.

jeremyklatt1992

Established Member
Don't just throw parts at it. Figure out what's wrong.

And generally a vacuum leak causes a high idle. Depending on where it is.

What are the specs on the car? Stock? Tuned? Any recent changes?

My guess is the throttle body was sticking before and causing your 1000rpm idle. It has since freed up allowing the car to idle where its supposed to.
Right now the engine is stock, the only other mod is a k&n air filter, but every other day the codes p0171 and p0174 dtc's appear.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Those codes mean bank 1 and bank 2 are lean. Odds that both o2's went out at the same time are slim. Like said above. Air is getting in somewhere. Start looking at everything closely

decipha

Established Member
it could very well be that the tune on the vehicle wasnt dialed in below 1k since thats where it was idling before and that could be causing your codes.

The best option to diagnose it correctly and see exactly whats wrong is a moates quarterhorse. Its a $250 realtime tuner that lets you see what the ecu sees. You can even custom tune it for free too.

Getting Started / EFIDynoTuning

Users who are viewing this thread