Terminator Grille Where can i buy this!

SONICBOOST

Established Member
Saw this in another thread and cant find where to buy the upper and lower grille, i like this one because the upper grille sits BEHIND the cobra emblem and the lower grille is BEHIND the two little bars in the lower opening. Let me know!!!b I think the silver would look badass on Sonic Blue!

Pretty Sweet Grille

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The lower grill is a heat exchanger grill. You can get one for cheap from Sambandit, you just have to attach it to your stock H.E. mounting bolts. PM sambandit and he'll tell you where to paypal for it. It's less than $50.

Upper grills are expensive. People I know with them have made their own, or you can dump a couple hundred on the pre-made ones, but I don't think they go behind the emblem.

SONICBOOST said:
Saw this in another thread and cant find where to buy the upper and lower grille, i like this one because the upper grille sits BEHIND the cobra emblem and the lower grille is BEHIND the two little bars in the lower opening. Let me know!!!b I think the silver would look badass on Sonic Blue!

mosconiac

Established Member
I bought a piece of 30"x6" steel expanded metal (1/2"x16) from a local metal shop for $1.34 per sq ft. Total=$1.68. The steel would be "stiffer" than the aluminum, but prone to rusting if not powdercoated (which I will do). I was unhappy with this "stiffness" of the steel (it has to span about 20" between the bolts), so I decided to add stiffening so it doesn't get pushed around by wind (and hit my fancy HE) or vibrate with the engine...whatever. I bought 1/4" steel rod, which I will weld onto the center section (top and bottom edges) of the expanded metal. Photos will follow when I'm done. Here's a mockup.

IMG_8981small.jpg

IMG_8983small.jpg

IMG_9001small.jpg

I had previously powdercoated the HE support with a natural aluminum color.

Users who are viewing this thread