Terminator,Focus,Aviator fuel pumps.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I thought I should give you guys some examples of pricing for the various pumps you guys are using.

2003 Focus pumps $76.66 each they list for $116.15 each.

2004 Aviator pumps $165.06 each they list for $250.08 each.

2003 Cobra stock pump $299.97 it lists for $454.50.

I can have most in a day or so and freight should be no more than $7.50 anywhere in the continental U.S.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Excellent prices Steve, but if you really want to help us, give us the specs on the pumps. FOr example how much doe the aviator pump flow and whats its current draw? Does it have amax pressure of 80 psi like the focus pumps or can it be driven harder like the cobra pumps? Also, can you get the GT pumps? If so for how much and what are their specs?

Last edited:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Shadowgray03 said:
Excellent prices Steve, but if you really want to help us, give us the specs on the pumps. FOr example how much doe the aviator pump flow and whats its current draw? Does it have amax pressure of 80 psi like the focus pumps or can it be driven harder like the cobra pumps? Also, can you get the GT pumps? If so for how much and what are their specs?

Hey now,

I'm learning this stuff from you guys :??: , I have 12 years in Ford and Lincoln parts departments and I am a born Motorhead, I believe that pretty much anything that burns gas is good.

But, When it comes to modding cars like these I am a definite beginner, Ford frowns on modifications and they give me exactly zero info on stuff like GPH pressures and current draw.

A technician might be able to get that stuff from service manuals but we don't even work with our own shop, they are in a different building and talking to a tech here is like trying to get in to the presidents office.

I am a quick learner though and I will pass on any knowledge I absorb and I will help in obtaining the best prices on OEM parts.

2003 Mustang GT pumps $174.87 list of $264.95.

2005 Ford GT pumps $67.99 each they list for $103.02 each.

The '05 Gt pump illustration is kind of strange it looks like it uses two seperate pumps next to each other in the tank.

Are there any Ford Techs on the boards that can look up some flow and draw specs?

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
The pricing is a little 'odd'..
Focus & Aviator pumps,which are considerd upgrades,are actually cheaper than OE Terminator pumps..Even Ford GT pumps are the cheapest of them all..I would never have predicted that..Too bad I havent heard of anyone actually installing a GT pump in a Cobra..

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
There is truly no rhyme or reason to Fords pricing sometimes, Keep in mind the OEM Terminator pump has two pumps in one unit whereas the Focus pump requires two complete units so you can steal the actual pump motors from them to install in your Terminator housing.

I dont know about the Aviator one though, I think that one may contain two just like the Terminator pump.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
FORDSVTPARTS said:
Hey now,

I'm learning this stuff from you guys :??: , I have 12 years in Ford and Lincoln parts departments and I am a born Motorhead, I believe that pretty much anything that burns gas is good.
Dang I was hoping you may be privy to some more detailed data than the general public. Next time you get any of these pumps in stock, perhaps you can give them a quick look and see if there is any manufacturers numbers on them so they can be cross referenced to who actually makes them so we can get some data. As many have found out, focus pumps and a high PSI environment dont go well together.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
good info I might give ya a call in the next few months. Thanks for the info

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Somebody please test those GT pumps! Way cheaper than all the others. Hope it performs.

I think by GT he means 05Mustang not GT40

best setup for 99% of the people out there is a BAP its easy and it fixes 99% of everyones fuel needs

and its cheap like 250 bucks

i have aviator pumps they work they flow alot but they needs alot of little BS to work right

and they cost alot

Last edited:

predator

Established Member
FORDSVTPARTS said:
There is truly no rhyme or reason to Fords pricing sometimes, Keep in mind the OEM Terminator pump has two pumps in one unit whereas the Focus pump requires two complete units so you can steal the actual pump motors from them to install in your Terminator housing.

I dont know about the Aviator one though, I think that one may contain two just like the Terminator pump.

Actually, having gone the avaitor route myself......they come in separate assemblies like the focus pumps and you have to extract the pumps and assemble them in the single Cobra unit. :thumbsup:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
predator said:
Actually, having gone the avaitor route myself......they come in separate assemblies like the focus pumps and you have to extract the pumps and assemble them in the single Cobra unit. :thumbsup:
Did you ever have the aviator pumps flow tested? Also, do they have the 80psi release that the focus pumps have?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
vector said:
I think by GT he means 05Mustang not GT40

best setup for 99% of the people out there is a BAP its easy and it fixes 99% of everyones fuel needs

and its cheap like 250 bucks

i have aviator pumps they work they flow alot but they needs alot of little BS to work right

and they cost alot

No, I did mean 2005 Ford GT, The 550 hp blown 5.4 powered 205 mph $150,000.00 supercar.

Like I said there is no rhyme or reason to Fords pricing sometimes.

Forum members cost on these pumps would be $67.99 each.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
this pump situation is a pain. i was thinking af going with the svt focus pumps, then i thought about just a BAP, and now im saying screw it, F.A.S.T. sounds like a good idea.

also, i forgot who did the write up, but a while back someone wrote a huge report on focus pumps, stating that they draw more current than the computer can provide. the same thread also had current, flow, and pressure values, along with much more valuble informantion. im trying to find it now.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
RickSvt said:
Are those focus pumps the SVT focus ones or the regular ones, I thought there was a difference

rick

There is no SVT Focus specific fuel pump. There is one pump for 2000-2001 (the recall pump) a different pump for 2002 and two choices in 2003 the difference being 2.0 ZETEC or 2.3 Duratec.

I own a 2002 SVTF and I ran my VIN through the Ford HVBOM system and it gives me the same number my catalog spits out for every 2002 Focus under the sun.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
03InThe11s said:
thats the one i was looking for. i thought it was for focus pumps, but i was wrong. thanks man! :beer:

Good info with all this talk about pumps it's looking like the kb bap seems to be the best way to go. But do we really need new pumps when your at about 500 rwhp and new maf :shrug:?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
FORDSVTPARTS said:
No, I did mean 2005 Ford GT, The 550 hp blown 5.4 powered 205 mph $150,000.00 supercar.

Like I said there is no rhyme or reason to Fords pricing sometimes.

Forum members cost on these pumps would be $67.99 each.

do you know if its just a pump?

might be a aviator pump with out all of the crap that comes with the avaitor pump

Users who are viewing this thread