Terminator convertible top care

borkowski059

Established Member
As title states, i have a sonic blue 03 convertible with a black top. Just wondering what, if anything you do as far as convertible top care to keep things clean and extend the life of the top.

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
I use a product called Ragg Topp that ships you a two step deal where the first one is a mild cleaner and the second one is a UV protector and makes the water bead up real nice when the car is being washed

postalbunny

Established Member
+1 for Ragg Top. Cleaner + sealent that makes water bead off like a freshly waxed paint job. Over a year now, and water still beads (garage kept though).

03snkvert

Established Member
As far as regular cleaning, get a horse hair brush, and just use your regular soap!

+64,000 on the Ragg Top

03snkvert

Established Member
Before you spray on the Protectant I would try and cover up the paint and glass. Stuff is kind of a pain to get the over-spray off.

For a couple bucks you can get a plastic drop cloth that will work, or just use some news paper. I use the same plastic drop cloth when I am waxing my car to keep the dust off of the top.

SpectorV

Established Member
I was reading Ragg Topp and it seems they may have changed something as now it says its safe for paint and trim~ I however would not want it on it regardless but was just wondering~

03snkvert

Established Member
I was reading Ragg Topp and it seems they may have changed something as now it says its safe for paint and trim~ I however would not want it on it regardless but was just wondering~

I don't think it will hurt it, but once it dries it is a PITA to remove. Everything I ever saw on it, said it wouldn't hurt the paint, but should be wiped off immediately.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I have used rag top for years and haven't had a single issue with product sticking to trim or paint. As long as you wipe off excess as you are spraying there really isn't much that can happen.

Stuff works awesome

Users who are viewing this thread