Terminal Leave starts tomorrow!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I'm so freaking psyched!!:rockon:

My last "official" workday was last Wednesday - I have my retirement ceremony on the 13th of December. Seps on the 19th. And my official retirement date is 1 April 14!!

It's been a great 24 yr ride. Looking back I realize how blessed I was to have the opportunity to serve with such amazing colleagues. Were there bad times? Sure, there are in EVERY profession. But the good FAR outweighed the bad. That being said I'm so looking forward to moving on. It's def time. A good buddy or mine who just retired told me that when you no longer are flexible enough to deal with the BS and you're not having fun anymore it's time- he was definitely right- IT'S TIME!!

Thanks to all my peers on this board for your service. Some of whom I've had the opportunity to meet and serve with.:beer:

See you all back stateside!!:thumbsup:

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Congrats on your pending retirement. I counted the days down. It was weird being on terminal leave. After a month I took another job. The hardest part for me was being a civilian again. Not everybody has the military work ethic.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Congrats on your pending retirement. I counted the days down. It was weird being on terminal leave. After a month I took another job. The hardest part for me was being a civilian again. Not everybody has the military work ethic.

Thanks and thanks for your service! I'm really fortunate that my wife and I have our own businesses. We are really excited to be able to dedicate our full energy towards them! As far as being a civilian again I guess only time will tell but I'm pretty laid back so I don't think it will be an issue.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

isn't that true..

I retired from the Navy in 2011, and BOY do I miss it.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Congrats on your retirement. I have just under 7 years left until I hit 20. I will more than likely leave as soon as I hit 20 just so I can get a civilian job and start double dipping. Congrats again, dont get to stressed with your own business. Remember you are retired now so you have to take it easy, you earned it!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Thanks all! It's def a great feeling- liberating on a whole different level. The business (vehicle detailing) is icing on the cake. It's a lot of fun, very rewarding/therapeutic and I'm good enough to make a decent living at it. - but I'm def going to take the time to smell the roses so to speak. Look for another SVT project, and just enjoy life away from the military.

Life is good! \m/

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Congrats and thank you for your service.
Enjoy a few well deserved drinks. :beer:

My Monster

Established Member
Congrats! It is a whole different world. I retired from the Marines 4.5 years ago and love my second career as a full-time-stay-at-home-single-dad. My girls keep me just as busy as my Marines did only I am now required to keep the swearing to a minimum. Enjoy the retired life, the blue ID and live the dream.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Marine, thanks for all you and your family have done! I hope to have more good in your ruck than you started out with on this journey!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Welcome to the club. I retired back in 2004 and they'll be thing you'll miss and things you won't. Getting your next career started is your next hurdle. Do you have a plan or an idea of what you want to do next? Once again Congratulations and Thank you for your service!

Users who are viewing this thread