Termi Purchase Thoughts

88stangnut

Established Member
Hey guys I am looking to purchase my first Termi and want to get everyone's thoughts on this one that i was looking at. It is '03 convertible with almost 60kmi on it. The thing that concerns me is that it has a rebuilt title the owner says that it was in a front end crash that damaged the radiator and support, left rail and fender, hood, headlights, bumper. It was all repaired and from the pictures i have seen of it I can't see any issues. Since it is a long ways away from me I wanted to get some opinions if it worth the time to go look or if i should just keep searching. He is asking $17,000 for it.

Here is a List of Mods that it has
-2.3 Whipple w/ 3 different pulleys
-LFP single blade throttle body
-S&B 1600cfm air filter Killer Chiller system
-Glenn's sumped fuel tank
-Aeromotive regulator and filters
-8an braided fuel line
-twin 255 lph Walbro pumps
-Fore Precision fuel rails
-60# Seimens Deka injectors
-Billetflow idler pulleys and snub idler bracket
-Hi flow cats, Flowmaster mufflers
-26 spline input shaft
-Spec stage 3+ clutch
-Fiore microclick clutch adjuster
-Steeda quadrant & TriAx shifter
-10.5" deep dish rear 03 Cobra wheels w/ Vredestein Sessanta tires 315/35/17
-Tokico 5 way adjustable struts
-MM caster/camber plates
-Full length welded subframes

Zemedici

Established Member
please dont call it a termi :(

Mod list looks good, but be ready, someone doesnt build a car like that to drive it nicely :) Long as price is good snag her up.

Comp281

Established Member
It depends on what you plan to do with it and if you want to buy a highly modified car. Do you prefer convertibles? If so, that's a plus. If not, it's a big minus. Have you owned another car with this type performance capability before? If not, you might want to start with a car that's closer to stock and slowly modify it yourself and get used to it. But if you could get it for a couple grand less than the asking price, it wouldn't be a bad deal as long as it is exactly what you want. There are a lot of these cars out there so if it's not exactly what you want, I would suggest taking your time to find the right car. I've owned a few of them and I've found that with a little patience you can find just the right car for you.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I'd be leery of the rebuilt title personally. The only way that I would buy a car with a rebuilt title is if I knew the person who did the work and trusted them.

88stangnut

Established Member
Thanks guys. yes i have owned several fox body stangs that were heavily modified so the high horse power performance is not an issue. I was worried that it being a convertible and in a collision if the frame would be tweaked since he told me the left rail was damaged.

blk02edge

Established Member
I think most people will say stay away from an R title car. Since there have been some clean ones selling for near that price Id hold off and find a different one

west08

Established Member
I wouldn't buy because of the rebuilt it unless it was a hell of crazy deal and you plan to keep it forever. Used to never really care about rebuilt titles, if they ran and drove fine. Currently trying to sell the wife's Mariner with a rebuilt title and can't even get any interest in it at all. Have it on autotrader.com, cars.com and craigslist and have only gotton 2-3 serious inquiries and its been listed since 12/26. And it is priced competitively IMO.

MysticRob

Established Member
Finding financing for a rebuilt/salvage title car is a challenge too, if you're not paying cash. Most banks and credit unions I've spoken to out west won't do it at all, as I was looking at a salvaged 03 Redfire for just under $10k some months back. With all the fuel work done I wonder if it wasn't also hit in the back. Does the seller have pics of all the damage prior to repair? I'd knock off a couple thousand more because of the salvage title with those mods, if there isn't anything being hidden.

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Pass

Unless you have your heart set on a SB vert ( they are rare, only made 340 of em ) then go for it...otherwise move along.

If 340 SB Verts are considered rare than what would 167 SY Verts be considered ;-)

Stay away from that car OP, unless he sold it for stupid cheap. Just keep looking, youll find your price range very easy, heck, Id consider selling mine for $20k w/o the the CCW's and it only has 35k miles. The TermiNATORS are awesome cars that can be had for great prices... and on SVTP its not Termi

Users who are viewing this thread