termi or civic?

68thoroughbred

Established Member
Friend says 97 civic, 4 door ex with full suspension work, header intake, exhaust, faster around a 'roundabout' or track is faster than a termi, minus exit speed. I said he's at a disadvantage, but he says he wins. what do you think? I say termi PIIHB

68thoroughbred

Established Member
Ok so I am the friend I had a 97 civic four door under 2200 pounds no strait line power at all I know that I am not dumb, but around corners this car can more then hang. I would put it against any mildly modded mustang any year. Any clover leaf I can't imagine a year that would beat it. Especially with cost as a factor!!!

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Ok so I am the friend I had a 97 civic four door under 2200 pounds no strait line power at all I know that I am not dumb, but around corners this car can more then hang. I would put it against any mildly modded mustang any year. Any clover leaf I can't imagine a year that would beat it. Especially with cost as a factor!!!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA

but seriously...

BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FWD sucks for any type of performance driving, this is not a debatable fact. look at "performance" import cars - RX7, 300ZX, Supra, 240SX, S2000, NSX.... THEY ARE ALL RWD. Who cares if you weight 2200 lbs, your engine makes less torque than an impact wrench, get ****ing real.

Class dismissed.

Eric

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
First, a 4 Door EX only has a D16. He'd be lucky to put down 130whp with it. Could it hang in the corners? Maybe with a stock Cobra. However, a full lap on a road course and the Civic would be extremely far back.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
BWAAHAHAHAHAHA

but seriously...

BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FWD sucks for any type of performance driving, this is not a debatable fact. look at "performance" import cars - RX7, 300ZX, Supra, 240SX, S2000, NSX.... THEY ARE ALL RWD. Who cares if you weight 2200 lbs, your engine makes less torque than an impact wrench, get ****ing real.

Class dismissed.

Eric

word up

68thoroughbred

Established Member
Yes a full lap that involves strait line NO I know that but around a corner I really think a civic would more then hang. FYI 126 hp stock so more like 90 to the wheels but mustang's really can't handle its own power except in a strait line!

68thoroughbred

Established Member
You are a idiot< GET OUT>

I'll pass that on but for some reason he doesn't accept that. He doesn't understand much of anything besides the fact that his car comes from japan and they make the 'best cars':shrug:
P.S., since you're from stl he'll race you for money if you come to his house and agree to pay for his ticket if you get busted...haha!!!

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I'll pass that on but for some reason he doesn't accept that. He doesn't understand much of anything besides the fact that his car comes from japan and they make the 'best cars':shrug:
P.S., since you're from stl he'll race you for money if you come to his house and agree to pay for his ticket if you get busted...haha!!!

I race on the track. I don't think I want to see him, you, or his house.

Users who are viewing this thread