Tensioner question: 2.8 + BF idler + 74" Gatorback

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I installed a 2.8 pulley, BF stealth idler and 74" gatorback last night and noticed that the marker on the tensioner is about a quarter of an inch from the right (as you look at the engine from the front). Is this correct? I was under the impression that the tensioner would be near the middle with this combo. Does anyone else have a similar setup that they can check to verify? My belt was bought used, but perhaps it is stretched already? It looked like new :(

MineralGrey03

Established Member
I have the same combination exept I have the Gates 74.5 and the tension indicator is in the middle. I get slip so I need to try a shorter belt.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
That's where mine is and we have a similar combo. I have the 2.80 RR with Metco idler. I'm using the Gates K080740, which is close to 74".

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGrey03
I have the same combination exept I have the Gates 74.5 and the tension indicator is in the middle. I get slip so I need to try a shorter belt.

Had the same problem. Just got my 74" gates in the mail yesterday. :) it should solve the slip problem. Who sold you the wrong size?

Users who are viewing this thread