Tennessee emissions

edm11

Established Member
I'm looking at buying my 1st 03/04 Cobra. Can you tell me what modifications might not let me pass a Tennessee emissions test? thanks for your help.

RFMustangGT

Established Member
Around Nashville and Chattanooga you need to pass visual, safety, and no check engine lights. few counties here and there are about the same standards but Knoxville just got in trouble about putting out too much pollution so I bet they will be picking up the same as well. I live just outside of Knoxville where we don't have testing and I have never had any problems with police in places that do testing. I run off road X-pipe and a simple 2 chamber muffler on my 95 GT. Location of where you are at would help some but I wouldn't be too worried about typical mods.

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
only mod that will fail you will be off road pipes if you have mil eliminators you would pass as long as the check engine is off but you will fail visual.

Jeff Cardwell

Established Member
Around Nashville and Chattanooga you need to pass visual, safety, and no check engine lights. few counties here and there are about the same standards but Knoxville just got in trouble about putting out too much pollution so I bet they will be picking up the same as well. I live just outside of Knoxville where we don't have testing and I have never had any problems with police in places that do testing. I run off road X-pipe and a simple 2 chamber muffler on my 95 GT. Location of where you are at would help some but I wouldn't be too worried about typical mods.

I hate to hear the "knoxville putting out too much pollution" story. Knoxville just pasted not long ago a wheel tax in order to stay away from that issue (emmission testing). I can see the writing on the wall that is how it started here in Chatt.

edm11

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. I am in Franklin, TN, Williamson Cty. Sounds like I would not have too much trouble if I stick with the usual mods.

Knoxville Cobra - beautiful black 10th you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread