Temps around town.....

soonerjoe

Established Member
Well, I always thought my cobra stayed about the same temp no matter how I was driving it. Well, I hooked up the predator and monitored the coolant temp. It was in the 190's while on the highway going 70, but when I hit stop and go traffic it went up to 218. All this time the needle on the stock gauge stayed just to the left of center. I am nervous driving my car on these 90 degree plus days. I think the radiator may be fine, I think I just need a better fan to move air through it while driving in traffic. I am wondering what temp all of your cars run at. I am especially curious of these setup when it is 90 degrees or higher outside in traffic:

2.76 upper only Steig w/o HE
2.76 upper only with HE
2.76 upper only with HE and Radiator

3.1 upper only w/o HE
stock upper with intake and exhaust.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Sorry Joe...no temp guage. But it was 111 here yesterday and my guage never went over half way with the a/c on. I'm also careful not to stick my foot in it very deep when it's that hot outside.

Cooter

Established Member
funny you should ask this i was just checking this out the other day around town in stop and go traffic stayed right at 200 at a dead stop and cruising it was at 190 i have electric fans though and that might be a factor.
cooter

Bob Cosby

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Sorry Joe...no temp guage. But it was 111 here yesterday and my guage never went over half way with the a/c on. I'm also careful not to stick my foot in it very deep when it's that hot outside.
As an FYI....the stock guage reads essentially the same temp between ~190 and ~23x. I don't remember the exact numbers, but its up there. In other words, its about as useful as an idiot light.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Mods listed below. Did some data logging with the predator today. Getting hot as shit here in Florida. Coolant temperature was in the upper 180* range crusing and around 200* when stopped. IAT2 was in the upper 120* while crusing and shot up into the 140*+ while in traffic but quickly went down after moving. This was done with the AC off.

Fang

Established Member
Tis the season! Those are exactly the temps I see cruizing around town. Now for a little splash turn your a/c on and watch her jump a little.

Users who are viewing this thread