temp going up...(Please HELPPP)

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
I just had my water pump replaced.I told the dealership about the problem before and the said it was the water pump,had a crack.Well its been fixed.It happens especially when sitting in traffic or sometimes at a light.When on the move its ok.Another question,best sparkplug and can you tell a difference when replaced.Spark plug wires also.(best ones)Thought about Ford Motorsport.

1qwkpny

Established Member
1) is your radiator obstructed? 2) what ratio of water to anti-freeze do you run(depends on your climate)? 3) is the coolant level low? 4) has anything else been apart to the point of which one of the coolant passageways could have been obstructed? 5) how is the thermostat? I would hope the cooling fan is coming on as it should. I would suggest redline water wetter if you can't find anything wrong with it, b/c it won't void your warranty if you still have one. I use the bosch plat. +4's and according to my g-tech they were worth 9hp (average btw 3 runs) and the before/after tests were done w/in 1hr of each other. I havn't changed wires, but I do know that the motorsport wires are great(I use them on everything I own).

Users who are viewing this thread