Telstar Fitment Issues

gtpowered4.6l

Established Member
I just bought a set of 15x4 and 15x8 Centerline Telstars. The rears fit great since I have a solid rear with GT brakes. I am trying to weigh out my options for the fronts to work here. I tried out my buddies 1" spacers and they still dont work. The studs still hit (stock ones) and where the wheel wts are it still hits the caliper. If I swap my buddy for his GT brakes, will I be able to bolt them right up? I do not want the wheel to stick out past the fenders.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
I run a 15x3.5 up front with a 1/2 spacer (3" wheel studs, moroso), I ground the hell out of the caliper, and its still plenty thick for my standards. I would say you could get away with a 3/4 spacer and lots of grinding and extended wheel studs (3.5" i believe they make also). Your wheel weights must be stick on, if so get rid of em and going regular weights. Whats your back spacing?

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
you need to chop off some of the stock studs so that they don't go past the 1" spacer since the Telstar doens't have a recess in them like many stock style wheels do.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
BS on a telestar is 1 5/8". Standard BS on a draglite, prostar, convo pro is 1 3/4". So I'm sure that's why. -Mark

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
you need to chop off some of the stock studs so that they don't go past the 1" spacer since the Telstar doens't have a recess in them like many stock style wheels do.

Yep, you're gonna have to chop a little off the studs if you're running a wheel adapter with it's own studs built in. If you install 3" studs then you can run a regular 1" spacer and it should work fine I would think. I know mine does, but I don't have telstars so I'm not sure on there backspacing.

Users who are viewing this thread