Tell Me why?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Pro-Torque custom tailors a 10 1/2-inch-diameter torque converter to perfectly match SVT Lightning's power curve. Without changing rear gears the supercharged engine gets into boost quicker, then multiplies torque at a greater rate for more performance throughout the power band. "Many torque converter manufacturers are focused simply on stall-speed (the amount of torque converter slip), while Pro-Torque understands that torque multiplication is the key to performance" states Pro-Torque's Joe Rivera.

Reliability is increased as well as performance with furnace-braze fins for strength, Torrington thrust bearings replacing thrust washers, anti-ballooning plates and larger carbon ceramic lock-up clutches for better converter lockup. Unlike typical high performance torque converters, Pro-Torque doesn't have a "spongy" feel. In fact this extremely efficient design provides excellent mid-range and high-speed performance.

:rockon:

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
What other mods do you have?

I am making ok power w/ my mods. 442 and 530. I would like to know the "how it works" not what it does.

boca ron

Banned
drop .3 off your 1320 increased torque multiplication. pi is imo the better choice for stall no name dropping but i have blown 2 lower priced stalls trying to pinch pennys wound up costing double

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
It's not a job I'd want to do twice, installing one either. I hope the Hughes unit lives up to the hype, I'll know soon. You can get a PI for 898 shipped from a vendor on NLOC, maybe LFP as well.

boca ron

Banned
Fade 2 Black said:
It's not a job I'd want to do twice, installing one either. I hope the Hughes unit lives up to the hype, I'll know soon. You can get a PI for 898 shipped from a vendor on NLOC, maybe LFP as well.
the hughes is a top shelf unit rated for big power i bet no probs with that unit but they are far from cheap. looking forward to hearing how you likeit i know of some full tilt racers who wont run anything but.hows your project going btw

Users who are viewing this thread