Tell me about the Mach 1 auto's

UtOhCop

Established Member
I'm looking at getting a Mach 1 over a regular GT. My fusion was stolen over the weekend{Don't Ask} and with moving to SC in 3 weeks i'd like to pick something up that will be fun as a DD and at the track. I was looking at a C5 but the prices are crazy for the amount of miles.

How are the mach 1 auto's? What do they run at the track bone stock?

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
The autos should be good for mid/upper 13's stock, maybe better with driver mod. The only things that I really didn't like about the auto as compared to the stick (besides the fun factor of a manual) was it's .8? overdrive and it's lower redline. The M5 has a .62 so it was a better highway cruiser IMO and got a few more mpg's than the auto's estimated 23 highway. Even still, it'd definitely make for a fun DD. :beer:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
The auto has a cast crank. The five speed has a forged crank. Better mpg because of the od and speed limited at 151 instead of 126. Get the 5 speed. I have a white 03 with 18,000 miles on it if u are interested.

SysMAch

Established Member
Wow these Mach owners are pretty harsh. I own an auto an I love it. It's not a daily driver and I dought it will see the track, but it is one fun car. I will never niss a shift, I will never wear out a clutch and I will never have to shift in traffic when my hand is on my little lady in the passenger seat. Don't be afraid of the auto. Most the things they mentioned that makes the stick so great can be gotten back with just a few mods. Now I have no problem driving either, I just chose to buy the auto because i didn't feel like dealing with the stick. Check out Mach1Registry.com this will answer many questions.

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
SysMAch said:
Wow these Mach owners are pretty harsh. I own an auto an I love it. It's not a daily driver and I dought it will see the track, but it is one fun car. I will never niss a shift, I will never wear out a clutch and I will never have to shift in traffic when my hand is on my little lady in the passenger seat. Don't be afraid of the auto. Most the things they mentioned that makes the stick so great can be gotten back with just a few mods. Now I have no problem driving either, I just chose to buy the auto because i didn't feel like dealing with the stick. Check out Mach1Registry.com this will answer many questions.

Not that easy to put a forged crank in. The cast crank wont hold up to alot of boost or squeeze. Ur right about the little lady in the passenger seat that's why I bought a Lightning fast, auto and pulls the boat. Not to mention she can sit right next to me. :)

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
runs2rch said:
Not that easy to put a forged crank in. The cast crank wont hold up to alot of boost or squeeze. Ur right about the little lady in the passenger seat that's why I bought a Lightning fast, auto and pulls the boat. Not to mention she can sit right next to me. :)
I have both :) but I bought my mach used and it was too good of a deal to pass up being an auto. It was pretty much a brand new car with no miles, adult driven. I had to have it. :banana:

I'm sure down the road I'll be getting a cobra, with a nice 6 speed. But right now it doesn't fit the picture for a DD.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
My mom has an auto mach, and I love it. I want to buy it from her eventually. I would prefer a 5 speed, but its still a very very good car.

Users who are viewing this thread