Tell me about San Antonio, TX... possible job opportunity..

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I may be interviewing for a position with a company located in NW San Antonio (I-10 / Wurzbach Road area) , and would like to get some information about the area, and living in San Antonio.

What area's are best to buy a house? Which ones should be avoided?

What are property tax rates like? Sales tax?

I would like to find anywhere from an acre to 20 acres to build on, or possibly find a nice neighborhood with 1/2 to 3 acre lots. I would not mind living a bit further out (30 minute commute, or so), but if there is something closer in that is somewhat rural-like, that would be fine :)

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
the city itself... when i was there, was a great place to be... the water walk and all.. so nice..

if you go i recommend a certain resturant i went to.. was like 5 years ago.. never have forgotten it, was friggin amazing.. las canarias, its in a hotel.. its expensive, but well worth it.

otherwise sorry i cant help with ur other inquaries..

blwn306

Established Member
yeah theres mexicans...blacks...and whites..some asians..arabs..so yeah its america you get the point...anyway you wanna live anywhere on the far NW side...dont move anywhere near the east,south,west, or nc, or ne sides of town...stay away from there...if you got the bucks you wanna live out near the la cantera, six flags area...the neighborhood I live in is near seaworld i have an acre lot...house are custom built very nice..start at 300k...to sum it up if you like to live the upscale life its on the nw side of town...or you can look further out Ih-10 going out off sa near the dominians thats where all the ball players and movie stars live...look out there very nice and have the country feel...theres one community out there I cant remember the name but ill get it for you..very ranch like..and u wont be paying stupid sanantonio city taxes....

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
There's no state income tax, but the school district taxs are huge. I love paying my tax dollars to educate kids that are illegally here.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
That area sounds close to where I work. I work in the medical school. That sounds to be middle northeast. The further northeast you go, it seems that there are better neighborhoods, it's cleaner, and pretty nice. I just bought a house here on the northwest side. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to work, but that doesn't bother me. There's a lot of housing develpment happening right now. When I was looking for a house, I wanted more land, but settled on a smaller lot in a nice neighborhood.

On the northwest side, there seems to be sporatic amounts of un-settled land. I'm not sure the price, because that wasn't my concern since I was not building. Just like any big city, the further you get away from the center of town, the less dense it will be.

Around that area near UTSA, which is close, it seems like there are larger land development and housing projects going on. Alot of undeveloped land too. It's pretty nice. Around that area to Boerne, there's a lot of empy land that's hilly like Kerville.

Riskeman

Established Member
I agree on the area going out I10 towards Boerne. You might also look at some land developments around the due west side of town near Medina Lake or Rio Medina. The taxes are a lot less out there and it is in the start of the hills. I looked at a development called "Settler's Pass" near Rio Medina and I liked it a lot. It was 1-3 acre lots and on top of some nice hills.

Users who are viewing this thread