Tell me about Colorado

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I got a job offer( which I'll be starting in 2 weeks) In Wellington Colorado.

Tell me more about this state!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I got a job offer( which I'll be starting in 2 weeks) In Wellington Colorado.

Tell me more about this state!

Congratulations on your new job!

Aside from recent political shifts that have made us look more like California, Colorado is a great place! The climate is dry, which means low humidity in the summer and minimal dampness in the winter. Both make temperature extremes somewhat more bearable. Depending on the time of year, there's hiking, biking, camping, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowboarding, and (of course) lots of great mountain roads to explore. Even during the winter months, there a lot of dry and sunny days. There are a number of car clubs and car shows across the state.

There are also numerous schools (colleges), if you or a member of your family is looking for educational opportunities. The tax burden is moderate, with the state collecting income tax; and counties, cities, and towns collecting sales taxes.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
+1 to everything Norton said above.

Wellington means you'll be just north of Ft. Collins and possibly living in FoCO which consistently ranks in the top 10 places to live in the US. I went to CSU and have chosen to stick around this town for at least the next couple years even though my work is rotational and I could move anywhere I want. If I do choose to move it will just be further west and into the hills.

You wouldn't happen to be going to work for Obermeyer Hydro, would you?

Users who are viewing this thread