Telemarketing scam..

jmsa540

Established Member
I had something kinda interesting happen to me today...

I, like you, get about two marketers calling me a week.

It's beyond annoying.

So today, since im off of work i had one call me.

Health insurance rate scam.

So check this out. I actually think there is more to the calls then we might know...

I picked up and the guy asked me for health rates, i entertained the story and he transferred me to another person. Guy who claimed he worked for allstate. I acted the roll as an illegal immigrant.

He got all of my info and then hung up on me.

Thinking it was weird that he hung up and i was playing nice with him i called back..

This is where it starts to get weird...

A lady picked up and i played the same role... she then asked if i had insurance and i said yes, medicaid. She hung up.

I called again, played the same role but answered questions differently to see how far this rabbit hole will take me. Another lady picked up and she then transferred me to some off the wall insurance company. The lady from the company picked up and sounded super legit. I had informed her that i was just talking to a man from allstate and if she could pull my record from that previous convo. She was confused and then all of a sudden it was as if my phone was literally forwarded to another company. I thought this was so odd. It made me think that the people whl are connecting me to the companies are literally muting their phone line and staying on line in a three way to obtain my personal information if i wasnt smart enough about this situation. I also thought it was strange that right when i told her i was just talking to allstate that perhaps the lady who forwarded me to this company would think that i would reveal the actual scam to the company; me as the innoncent puppet. When the phone transferred to another lady, again i played the role of an illegal immigrant. This lady straight up told me she was going to transfer me to the actual insurance company and told me not to tell them that i was an illegal. She also encouraged me to manipulate them and just receive the "code" to some insurances rate quote... it blew my mind, man.

I hope this post was clear..

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

decipha

Established Member
interesting

I got a call from one of the higher ups from corporate at the company I work for. He asked me if i wanted to work a big contract job coming up. Me being a contractor and the most regarded in my field this is not unusual. I said sure and he said he will put it through to get the ball rolling. He sent me some legit paperwork to review. A few days later he sent me a text asking for my social security number to get my orientation processed. I replied to simply **** off cuz at that point I knew it was a scam since they already have my social.

decipha

Established Member
interesting

I got a call from one of the higher ups from corporate at the company I work for. He asked me if i wanted to work a big contract job coming up. Me being a contractor and the most regarded in my field this is not unusual. I said sure and he said he will put it through to get the ball rolling. He sent me some legit paperwork to review. A few days later he sent me a text asking for my social security number to get my orientation processed. I replied to simply **** off cuz at that point I knew it was a scam since they already have my social.

CV355

_
Established Member
I keep a 15 second clip of the angry Russian minecraft kid screaming "BLLYYYAAAATTTTT" so when telemarketers call I just play that until they hang up.

Users who are viewing this thread