teksid motor

MotoSno963

Established Member
i was talking to my buddy who use to be in the air force..he was over in europe and found a teksid block and matching numbers heads...i have never heard of these blocks before( kinda new to ford motors) and told me it holds up to 1200HP and its about 100lbs..ohh he also said if i get my termi he would sell the motor to me for 3G's..any of this true and a good price?

Last edited:

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Yes it's true. They came in every 96-mid 01 cobra. No it's not worth 3 grand. Your heads will be as good/better. Only the block would be worth getting, but a bare block isn't worth more than maybe $750 at the MOST.

I wouldn't buy a whole motor just for the block. They show up in the market for $300-600 quite often.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Yes it's true. They came in every 96-mid 01 cobra. No it's not worth 3 grand. Your heads will be as good/better. Only the block would be worth getting, but a bare block isn't worth more than maybe $750 at the MOST.

I wouldn't buy a whole motor just for the block. They show up in the market for $300-600 quite often.

^this, I have sold them before, your normal bare block will go for $300-$500, your "buddy" is trying to screw you or has no clue what its worth. The whole motor RUNNING is worth maybe $1000 if it had low miles on it. All you want is the block, your stock heads are better plus your blower wont bolt up to the earlier style heads anyways. The internals are crap so you would want to use your motors guts or get better ones. Other than that everything is the same except your block is cast Iron and the teksid is aluminum, its a good way to shave (IIRC)94lbs off the nose of your car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow I could have gotten 3k for my teksid block?!! shit!! lol.. dude the block is what is good and it goes for around 300-500 depending on condition, you don't need the heads.. The internals of the teksid are a joke unless it's from a cobra then the crank is forged.

Misquamarauder

Established Member

You can also get them out of Mk VIII's.

MotoSno963

Established Member
yeaa i dont know if he said full motor or just block and heads..but thanks i didnt know much about that motor

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
the block is what's valuable.. the heads are the "B" head.. they are ok, but for street cars, your heads are pretty much the best made..

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I bought mine for $150.00, buddy of mine had a rod knock on it. It had 56k miles before I had it sent over to the machine shop and found all that was needed was a hone. Teksids don't command the price they once did since the Boss block was released and the improvements made with the 3V blocks making them a great alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread