Teksid 4V DOHC engine and 4R70W trans in Delaware

Shadow Z

Established Member
I got a good deal on a whole Mark VIII, but it has fought me the entire way, and this is where it ends. One of the bell housing threads developed a really light crack, along with a bolt breaking with only a few threads left in. It will require either welding or a heli coil. Broken bolt should come right out. I went very gently, used no power tools, kept my break bar at a nice straight angle, sprayed an absolute ton of penetrant. It still happened. I'm just not meant to use this block for my build. So, my loss, your gain.

Only looking for $460 for all of it. All I've removed so far is the harness, alternator, TB (Have the alt. and TB), a few fuel rail bolts, and the rear heater core port out of the head. So, you're essentially getting a complete pullout. I've removed a Lincoln Mark VIII engine before and tore everything down with no issues. However, the last three Teksids I've attempted to buy, were all cracked, then it happens to mine. I suppose I'm going to go for a 3V style aluminum block, or a Boss big bore iron block.

IMG_20150310_100042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread