Teeth rattling over bumps

Ronias

Established Member
I installed a upr tubular k member and a arms, with MM colovers. The ride is good and smooth and no noise turning or going over bumps. But if there is a ridge in the road or a harsh bump my car hits it and the whole front absorbs the bump and rattles the dash and whole car really loud. Is this my struts bottoming out? I have tokico illuminas and a bumpstops installed between strut top and strut body. Should I get fox struts? or cut bumpstops? or is the upr k member absorbing these teeth rattling bumps? Or is it something else. Im lowered 2 or more inches on 17inch wheels

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I highly doubt the struts are bottoming out, but it could mean they are bad. How long have you had them on the car?

Ronias

Established Member
Ive had the struts on for about 20,000 miles. The front of the car is not bouncing up and down like it would with bad struts, but there is a teeny bit of fluid on the top

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Same with my car I run UPR coil-overs wrapped around Tokico shocks. 12"-350lb springs I just ordered some 12"-250lb springs hopefully that will soften it up a bit.

Ronias

Established Member
Then Im guessing the rattle on harsh bumps is because the k member is tubular and transfers the jolt to the cabin? if so. shiet.

Users who are viewing this thread