Teal Cobra Owners

cele3

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Repainted bumpers never last, and take away from the originality of the car. It will always be questioned (wrecked?), and rarely match the original paint. Not that the Ford bumpers matched anyway, but atleast it's expected.

Ask any good body man and he'll tell you nothing is as durable as the original paint on the bumper covers (as far as cracking and peeling). The process Ford uses almost fuses the paint to the urethane. Repainted bumpers will eventually start to bubble/crack/peel in the seems along the moulding area and the "fins" in the lower air damn. And, it's tough to get the paint to "flex" with the urethane like the factory stuff does, even with the flex additives.

Anyway, IMO, do whatever you can to NOT repaint the bumper cover unless it really needs it.

I'd imagine with the right prep work, paint, additives and cure, it could be done to look great, and last. But 90% of body shops out there won't make the extra effort to get all of those right.

That sums it up exactly. Besides, I'd rather pay $25 first and see if I can live with the plugs. If not, then I'll make the decision whether to accept the holes or repaint the entire bumper.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I've had the holes in the cover ever since I bot #629, over 3 years: I'm used to the holes being there but those plugs are certainly better than the bare holes. One thing is for sure, I WILL NOT repaint the cover just for those stupid holes!

"Are we there yet?" [Rob, Joe, John, Ned and ?????!]:shrug:
:coolman:

cele3

Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
I've had the holes in the cover ever since I bot #629, over 3 years: I'm used to the holes being there but those plugs are certainly better than the bare holes. One thing is for sure, I WILL NOT repaint the cover just for those stupid holes!

"Are we there yet?" [Rob, Joe, John, Ned and ?????!]:shrug:

Why don't the four of us just split the cost of the remaining plugs (another $8 or so) and get the order done? I don't really care who takes the extra set. I just want mine!

Whoever has owned his car for the longest can take the last set. Or, whoever has the fewest miles. Or, whatever!

Rob.

514SCJ

93 Cobra #4440
Established Member
cele3 said:
I didn't see your email address in your profile. I'll send a PM also. If you read this, send an email to: [email protected]. Submit your order for the plugs and tell him you have a '93 Teal Cobra. I emailed him yesterday and he said that he has 3 orders right now. So, we're very close to fulfilling the order. You can also go to www.bumperplugs.com for more information.

Rob.
Rob. Sent eric an e-mail about the plugs. That should make 4 orders. John

cele3

Established Member
I sent an email to Eric at Bumperplugs yesterday and asked how many confirmed orders we had. We currently have four (4). The orders are from me (cele3), 02JoeGhost, CO9B3RA, and 514SCJ.

We need one more order! So, I'm about to post on another forum (one I forgot to use earlier), and see if there's one more of us out there.

I just thought I'd send out an update.

Rob.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
:D

Ok, now that there are 5...:dw: Do we send in the amount previously
mentioned or is there postage and handling on top?

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
speed3198 said:
I hope all you guys who are planning on filling your holes know an excellent body man. I had to replace my front bumper cover with one that had holes already in it and they filled them but it still doesnt look right! I can spot the marks from a mile away. So SERIOULY consider a simple solution before spending good money on filling the holes and then painting. If I had it to do over I would have gotten a cover that didnt have the holes punched. my 2cents

I had mine filled and painted and it came out awesome.

Cobrapaintedhood006.jpg

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Pay Pal, no got!

cele3:

I had problems w/Pay Pal once and kicked them out of my life.

I e-mailed Eric to see if he/Bumper Plugs would accept a cashier's check and to send me an address/payee name. Got any quicker suggestions, in the
meantime?

Ned

cele3

Established Member
CO9B3RA said:
cele3:

I had problems w/Pay Pal once and kicked them out of my life.

I e-mailed Eric to see if he/Bumper Plugs would accept a cashier's check and to send me an address/payee name. Got any quicker suggestions, in the
meantime?

Ned

I would assume that a cashier's check is fine, although I'd check to be sure. It certainly wouldn't delay production since Eric has indicated it will take about two weeks anyway.

Rob.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Eric has gotten back to me and has ok'ed the use of my VISA. Tomorrow
the "chief plug man"...Eric...gets a call and I pay by VISA. Whew!:-D

Ned

Addendum....23 July '07: I'm paid up by VISA on the phone and as of 0930
there are 2 people paid up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread