Teal,blk,roof,CD,P/seat,defrost, how rare?

buddha93

Established Member
Well, Ebay is Ebay. Mostly tire kickers looking to something for nothing, so I don't put too much stock into it's auctions. You never know who's shilli bidding their own stuff, or their buddies. In other words, that car will never be bought for 8k, even in this economy.

I dunno, it's tough call. Sounds like it's had a less then cared for 60k miles. For 12.5k, that's what your going to get I suppose.

BiLL1024

Established Member
I have a teal/black, sunroof, rear defrost, power seat, tape deck, no cd player.
It is mostly stock. Had to put in a good cd/mp3 player, factory unit was junk.
One of 185 teal/black. Not sure if there is a way to know how many with the sunroof.
I think I did read on here it is one of 19. Where they got that number from I do not know.
I picked mine up for 6,000$ in 2003.

WillyB93

Established Member
I think someone always wants a premium price for a car like this regardless of condition!! I bought a teal and black earlier this year and I paid a premium price for it but i am ok with it!!! If it is what you really want I don't see a problem in paying a little more for it!!!
I also like to put it this way the car is 17 years old there is going to be some issues with paint, body, interior,and etc, so if you are not paying a premium price for a immaculate car then this is what you are going to get!!! Best way to say it is quit being a tight ass and spend the money if it is what you strive to get everyday!!!

buddha93

Established Member
I think someone always wants a premium price for a car like this regardless of condition!! I bought a teal and black earlier this year and I paid a premium price for it but i am ok with it!!! If it is what you really want I don't see a problem in paying a little more for it!!!
I also like to put it this way the car is 17 years old there is going to be some issues with paint, body, interior,and etc, so if you are not paying a premium price for a immaculate car then this is what you are going to get!!! Best way to say it is quit being a tight ass and spend the money if it is what you strive to get everyday!!!

:lol:

Damn Willy, don't sugar coat it!

WillyB93

Established Member
Well everyone thinks they are going to get what they want for nothing. You always get what you pay for !!!

buddha93

Established Member
Well everyone thinks they are going to get what they want for nothing. You always get what you pay for !!!

I hear ya, not arguing the point a bit. That's why I'm not an Ebay fan when it comes to selling cars and such.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Its about value, not money. Its not worth 12.5 to me, a second look at the car brought to life all the faults.

Thanks for the extra pair of eyes glennster5.0. Save me the time & money, and further interest. Im picky as hell for that kind of money too. I'm not looking for perfect, but at least clean and no RIPS in the seat for only 60+ k miles.

I know of 93 cobra with 150k miles on it and is cleaner, and the interior is near perfect.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Thanks for the extra pair of eyes glennster5.0. Save me the time & money from flying out there. Im picky as hell for that kind of money too. I'm not looking for perfect, but at least clean and no RIPS in the seat for only 60+ k miles.

You have to wonder if it doesn't have more then 60k on it. It's very easy to unhook the cable on these cars.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
You have to wonder if it doesn't have more then 60k on it. It's very easy to unhook the cable on these cars.

I wanted to say the same thing when I first saw it on ebay. I also saw the autocheck on it to back then. I can't remember what I saw though.... But, it did concern me. Your right about the cable thing too. I remember seeing the odmeter NUMBERS not lined up right on that car too.

My whole deal with purchasing one of these cars is that they are so far away that you have to drive or purchase a plane ticket to see it in person. That adds to the purchase price.The photos don't tell the whole truth about a car.

I seem to get ahead of myself when I see 93 teal/blk car pop up.

GL on finding one Glennster5.0.:beer:

buddha93

Established Member
I wanted to say the same thing when I first saw it on ebay. I also saw the autocheck on it to back then. I can't remember what I saw though.... But, it did concern me. Your right about the cable thing too. I remember seeing the odmeter NUMBERS not lined up right on that car too.

My whole deal with purchasing one of these cars is that they are so far away that you have to drive or purchase a plane ticket to see it in person. That adds to the purchase price.The photos don't tell the whole truth about a car.

I seem to get ahead of myself when I see 93 teal/blk car pop up.

GL on finding one Glennster5.0.:beer:

I've been very fortunate with my last two cars. Both owners were very honest and there wasn't any misrepresentation of the cars conditons. Bought both of them, sight unseen.

WillyB93

Established Member
Well has anyone jumped on this band wagon to purchase this and save it???

WillyB93

Established Member
Did you buy the reef blue coupe local to you?? How many miles and details or just post some pictures

glennster5.0

Established Member
Found it in nebraska, maximum motorsports torque arm-subframe connectors, panhard bar kit, Koni sport adjustable shocks/struts, 3.55 gears, intake, exhaust, pulleys, cobra R's with newer tires, H&R lowering springs. It has the gray sport seat interior with 5 speed and factory arm rest delete. Had a steeda wing that I took off,yuk. Has no rust anywhere, zero and all VIN tags intact. These are his pics, haven't taken my own yet, I removed the silver tape line also. 70K miles and I paid $5500. Don't ask me how but I haven't seen a reef hatch or coupe nice under 8k and any clean coupe is over 10k with good miles.
th_reefcoupe2.jpg

th_reefcoupe3.jpg

th_reefcoupe5.jpg

th_reefcoupe4.gif

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member
I love 93 Cobras but alot have not been taken care of. Mileage means NOTHING unless it was taken care of properly. It's still a 17 yr old car, regardless if it has 50k miles or 100k miles. My reef blue LX hatch has around 100k on it and is probably nicer than this $12.5K 93 Cobra with 60k. I have had 2 low mile foxbodys with under 40k but they both looked like it. My 88GT looked like it was almost showroom clean. Here is my 93 LX...
daves93lx5.jpg

before rims...
e736d93f.jpg

586f9465.jpg

WillyB93

Established Member
I like both of them thanks for the pictures!!! I really like the color of the cars myself reminds me kinda of the teal 1993 and somewhat close to the 04 in the right sunlight. Glen glad you found a nice car, are you going to mod it up some more???

Users who are viewing this thread