Teacher, school resource officer negligent discharge in school

Gravik

Established Member
My wife works in the school system, I've met a LOT of teachers...I can probably count on one hand how many I think might even be remotely responsible enough to have a gun on campus
Funny thing is the California one is a reserve police officer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny thing is the California one is a reserve police officer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ya, sadly a lot of officers aren't that qualified either. I've heard some horror stories about the guys they're passing because they're so understaffed.

Hell, one of the guys working at the airport here giving the private room treatment to people with bad things in their carry-on bags walks with a limp...because he shot himself in the foot

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
ya, sadly a lot of officers aren't that qualified either. I've heard some horror stories about the guys they're passing because they're so understaffed.

Hell, one of the guys working at the airport here giving the private room treatment to people with bad things in their carry-on bags walks with a limp...because he shot himself in the foot
Some departments here in Texas will hire on the basis that the hiree will get their peace officer license within a certain amount of time. I actually remember one guy getting fired because he couldn't get his license because he failed the test and the DA had to drop all his citations.

On a happy note, he was a prick and the other staff members were glad to see him go. Really short fella, had the "big man syndrome" problem.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was in the Air Force, they said that about once every three years a gate gaurd would shoot himself praticing his quick draw.

Troponin

Established Member
An accidental discharge doesn’t just happen. This isn’ Sex ed class with a bunch of teenagers. When he firearm is holstered, the trigger should be fully covered with no chance of a discharge. He pulled the firearm out of his holster, which there was probably no reason to do.

The agenda will only be furthered by this. Let’s not worry about all of the schools and facilities that have armed folks that never have a problem, let’s find some cuck that doens’t Know how to handle his firearm and put him/her on display so we can show how bad guns are.

I wonder if this is even real. It’s so terrible. I have been carrying for 17 years and not once have I ever had an accidental discharge, because every movement with my firearm is careful, slow, and deliberate (Save for the draw, but I only draw at the range and when I need to actually use the firearm in self defense, which has been never.

Troponin

Established Member
When I was in the Air Force, they said that about once every three years a gate gaurd would shoot himself praticing his quick draw.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. If this is real, he was bored and screwing off. Said he has 4 years on the force, so I assume he’s about 25 years old.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And here we go,..............more protests and walkouts coming down the pike.
Guns are bad, take away the guns!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
...AAANNNDDDD the truth...

Student was "injured"....

By debris from the ceiling...

The kid got some ceiling tile dust in his eye or something. CNN went nuts trying to play it up.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So much for trusting arming teachers. Clearly that won't work. What' next??

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
...AAANNNDDDD the truth...

Student was "injured"....

By debris from the ceiling...

The kid got some ceiling tile dust in his eye or something. CNN went nuts trying to play it up.

Not so fast. At the Barney Fife incident, one of those kids was actually injured. He was hit in the neck by bullet fragments and went home with a bloody neck. His parents had to take him to the hospital because the school neglected to. They didn't even inform the kid's parents of what happened. I didn't see any reports of the extent of his injuries other than they were mild. It could've been MUCH worse in both cases.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/busin...lace-potential-target/KTpb8PFv54yw5pNo3H9RLK/

The night of the shooting, Mateen first went to Disney Springs, where he had been a few days earlier with his wife, prosecutors said. He went into the House of Blues club and bought a T-shirt, but Mateen noticed a visible police presence and decided not to open fire there.

Instead, Mateen used Google to search for nightclubs in downtown Orlando. The first one that came up was named Eve. The second was Pulse.

Off topic but not really.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
How does it discharge if it is kept in the holster? Which is where it should be at all times until needed while in public. Discharged when he sat down my ass.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Not so fast. At the Barney Fife incident, one of those kids was actually injured. He was hit in the neck by bullet fragments and went home with a bloody neck. His parents had to take him to the hospital because the school neglected to. They didn't even inform the kid's parents of what happened. I didn't see any reports of the extent of his injuries other than they were mild. It could've been MUCH worse in both cases.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ifornia-high-school-teacher-fires-gun-n856481

The "bullet fragment injury" was "diagnosed" by the kid's parent.

Looks more like a pimple, not an injury from bullet fragments......not to mention the infection around the wound looks to be several days old (yeah, the redness around that is from infection...and not a "fresh" wound)
bullet snip.PNG

Same article says the police chief states the "injuries" were from ceiling debris.

I guarantee you that even a fragmenting bullet isn't going to fragment piercing ceiling tile.

Here is some testing of bullets going through drywall, which is MUCH denser than ceiling tile.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/does-drywall-stop-bullets/

I have no respect for spin doctoring.

Gun safety used to be taught in schools and still should be. This clown screwed up by using a chambered gun to demonstrate. His lack of judgement should have him removed from his position as a police officer.

Users who are viewing this thread