TCUSA Open Format thing at SP Shenandoah August 13-14, 2011

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Not to steal Tony or Pat's thunder, but here is a link to the TCUSA store item for the Summit Point Shenandoah open track event on August 13 and 14. TCUSA Store

The reg fee is 350 until August 1, then becomes 375... This is an awesome deal. Two days of green track, point by passing, no sessions, no novices..

NE-SVT members bought up a bunch of slots separately, and we have 20 registered so far for this. I think we could have close to 35 coming from Boston by the time this actually goes down.

I passed a FaceBook note to Matt Newcomer on this.. He is usually up for a Shen event.

Feel free to pass this along to whoever you think might be interested.

Participation does require membership with SCMC or TCUSA...but even with the member dues, this is a fantastic deal.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hmmm...It's a week before NASA's SP. If the car's doing well, I might do 2 weekends in a row. If not, I'll still come up to heckle. :poke:

Flamethrower

Established Member
Cough, cough...there will be a novice group, 4 thirty minute sessions per day, the rest of the time, the track will be open. We want to get anyone that wants to get into the hobby, into the hobby. Other than that, you're spot on!:banana:

Last edited:

Flamethrower

Established Member
Yep, they'll get 4 run sessions and when I say beginners, I mean someone with 0-2 events. If it is someone who is an intermediate then they'll get the opportunity to run in either group. We don't want newbies feeling uncomfortable by having seasoned veterans running all over them. Besides, it would be good to have your car cool for 30 minutes. If we do not have any newbies then it'll just be wide open. I don't know that we have any novices signed up yet.

Also, if you are like me, you want the opportunity to pass on either side and not be restricted when on course. It can be frustrating sometimes to have slower drivers in front of you, hence the potential to have two run groups.

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
So who on here is coming? We have around 20 or so at this point making the trek from New England, and I'm sure more will register as time goes on..

C'mon guys!!! It'll be just like old times.....except we are all arriving mostly in Z-06's and Miatas as opposed to Mustangs. Our group basically split off into the haves and have nots....you have money and want a track car that is great out of the box....buy a Corvette.....you are broke and want a track car that is great out of the box....buy a Miata..

You can guess which group I'm from pretty easily. :)

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
...and oldie but goodie from Summit Point Shen.. Chris Y in the camera car, Me in the Angry Smurf....Sonic Blue Cobra.

I would have checked out on his ass if I didn't have that traffic (aka Cassidy) to get around.

:)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPFU6POG5lo"]YouTube - SVTOA Summit Point[/nomedia]

TroyV

Established Member
I'm really looking forward to it. I love that track.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am in Troy. Last I heard from Tony I was intructing, so there must be some newbs. I say bring on the newbs. I'll need someone to help change tires when I get older.

TroyV

Established Member
There will be a few I hear. That's fine. I still think there will be plenty of seat time to be had. I'm looking forward to this event in a big way. Everything else I have been doing so far this year has been competition related. It will be nice to get out there and stretch the legs lapping without being on the clock.

wheelhopper

Established Member
It's hard to complain about 120 minutes of track time in one day. Unless it is at parade lap speeds, but I don't think that is going to be the case. I for one am looking forward to driving something other than a Terminator on the Shen.

TroyV

Established Member
I think it is going to be a lot more time than that.

This thing is a few days away... Any last minute takers want in? Just follow the link in the first post.

I'll be showing up with this.......yes...there is another car in the box truck..

bandit.gif

Users who are viewing this thread