TCI *no-tune* billet bolt together converters

CPRsm

Cool idea, but wonder if it's one of those things customers shouldn't be allowed to touch lol
It will definetly require tuning. Idk why they think it won't

Last edited:

CPRsm

^^^ me, too. I like to expirement to see changes. Helps understand things better.
The link did work. Just took 9min for the damn think to show itself after the page showed it was done loading lol

scholle

Established Member
I'm not sure why they say no tuning required. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qFGyeRZQc#t=131 skip to 1:10.
Maybe the TCC will work within the stock settings. By work, I mean function but certainly not optomized.
I'm pretty sure the PCM is expecting to see the vehicle moving @ 3000 rpm otherwise *wrench-light*. I dont know if that will cause any other problems than turning on the light. There are fixes for that though.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
For a bolt together, this is a pretty good price. It's hard to beat the advantages of one of these. You can change the stator or washers to adjust stall speed, they are generally lighter or lower in mass than a weld together, and you can clean them yourself. Sure beats having to send it back and forth to the manufacturer for changes.

However, if you do not know what you are doing, you'll be causing yourself a lot of headaches.

Cool idea, but wonder if it's one of those things customers shouldn't be allowed to touch lol
It will definetly require tuning. Idk why they think it won't
Exactly. Lol. And it'll definitely require tuning. Not sure why they advertise that.

Last edited:

RIPCHVY

Established Member
Do you guys think this converter will be better then Circle D performance wise? The good think about this converter is it is manufactured within 4hrs of my town so I can actually go to the place and get it.

scholle

Established Member
I emailed TCI with some questions. The response they sent
( Unfortunately.. print went out before the converters are ready. They are still in the R and D stages and hopefully getting closer to being available,> But no ETA yet )
I wonder why have all the SEMA videos and website/catalog listings for them..... BS

Users who are viewing this thread