Tbss

bolt_956

Established Member
Anyone race these lately RWD or AWD? Buddy of mine just got one and hes already talking trash:fm:. So basically its on for wed @ the local track unless he backs out. What are these running 1/4 at the track? Saw some vids but most were modded, and they are fast. I think I can take him though. My mods are 4lb lower, K&N, FTVB, Fluidyne h/e, and predator canned tune. Basically got a day for prep and dont think I can do much till then but if anyone has suggestions let me know. He traded in his SRT8 jeep cuz he couldnt beat me but now hes sure the tbss is faster.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Good Launch and you should smoke him especially if he traded the Srt 8 jeep which you already beat. Stock TBSS's arent shit compared to a modded L let alone a jeep srt-8. So that was actually a dumb move on his part IMO.

bolt_956

Established Member
I think so especially if he spins the wheels with the rwd. Just updated my last track times on my sig. Only ran twice cuz they told me I needed a helmet after my second run.
Would I be able to get an email tune by Wednesday or should I just stick with what I got?

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
I'm actually not sure on that one:shrug:...I'll let the little more experienced guys answer that one...Im definitley thinking you'll smoke him tho:thumbsup:

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
The SRT-8 jeep has a hemi in it...its the 6.1 hemi that is alson in the new challenger plus AWD which equals insane launches...so ya if you took that then the TBSS is just another walk in the park.:pepper:

bolt_956

Established Member
It was the SRT8 Jeep. We ran five time two from a dig and three from 20, 30, and 40ish. The truck would start gaining a bit above 70 or so. They sound mean and expensive to mod.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
i beat both versions... walked on the awd hard. he was stock... the rwd had a mail order tune, exhaust and cai. and both were before i had my DRs so i spun bad outta the hole launching at 1000 rpms

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
The wife raced one at the track when they first came out. She was in a 00 mustang Gt, the car only had a UPR cold air intake and a 75mm BBK throttle body and a hypertech canned tune on it. Along with a straight pipe exhaust. The car ran consistent 14.5's at Bristol TN. She beat the TB SS ever time....

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
the night i ran my truck it was about 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity so it was pretty bad... the TBSS that was with us (modded one i mentioned) couldnt get outta the 14's
'60-- 1.941
1/8-- 8.754@ 80.19
1/4-- 13.704@ 99.09
... keep in mind that those #'s would drop slightly this time of year (cooler/ less humid weather)

BriteRed20s

Established Member
Here is a TB SS I suspect has at least a CAI:
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=NkWffg-Dfrs"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NkWffg-Dfrs[/ame]

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
haha.. i thought that track looked familiar... thats where i go to run the 1/4. never seen either of those there but test and tunes are on thursdays and im at work...

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Yeah seems like they need to set that tb up on a progressive shot. Bringing it on to late

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
like i said before... i killed the guy that had cai, exhaust, and a mail order tune on his. well i beat him in a race a Memphis Motorsports Park... the weather was bad... i ran 13.7 to his 14.2-14.5 i cant remember his exact time. i just know that after we raced he took off his aftermarket cai and threw it about 50 feet and got pretty fussy! it made me laugh... those dont respond to mods all that well unless its sumthing like a turbo, supercharger, or nitrous

Users who are viewing this thread