TB Woes.Ohnyo, Imo Crash

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Okay, I know how much we all luv the BBK Throttle Body, so please don't get all preachy on me how I should've sprung for a Accufab (at the time I was already down to eatin' a double Mccheeseburger and an ice water for lunch)....so, I saved up and bought a BBK 65mm TB.
Here the rub, the throttle body seems as smooth as butter as long as the car is not running, but as soon as I start the car it seems to stick badly when I go from having my foot off of the pedal to trying to "ease" onto the gas....When I try this, it ends up being a nice big "WHOOO-BAH!!" rev-up that every Florida policeman loves when we are at a stop light together.
After I get going, and have the accelerator breaking idle, the TB seems to work excellent....just as long as I don't take my foot completely off the pedal or relax my foot on it.
To make matters more interesting, the idle is now sticking occasionaly and I'm sitting in neutral at about 2,000 RPM's....
Anybody else had this same thing happen to them?

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
I actually bought a bbk a while back. Did the same thing. They said it was bcuz the blower. See if you can take it back. JBA let me take mine back and buy something else. Sorry man.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ya, i got rid of my 62mm BBK 1week after i got it. the throttle would stick, and the rpms wouldnt come down until i turned the car off. POS if you ask me. sell it, and use the money for the accufab that is just about to be released....

marek

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
ya, i got rid of my 62mm BBK 1week after i got it. the throttle would stick, and the rpms wouldnt come down until i turned the car off. POS if you ask me. sell it, and use the money for the accufab that is just about to be released....

marek
So are you reccomending the Accufab. I have been thinking about doing that once I get my full exhaust. Would it benfit more from a p&p'd intake?

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
Do TB even help our cars. I don't think they are worth the money. Get suspension parts instead. JMO.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Last edited:

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
QUICK AND CHEAP FIX!!....I went out to the BBK website...found out that I only had to adjust the Idle Set Screw....a 1/4 turn to break the vacuum and problem solved!! Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread