TB Performance Torsion Bar Review

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Installed this last weekend. Driven approx 400 miles since the install and here are my thoughts.

Pro:
Easy install. 10 minutes tops on my back with jack and jack stands.
Purple powder coat is extremely durable and the welds look great. No worrying about rust or corrosion.
Tighter initial turn in with almost zero body roll. This really increased the highway off ramp confidence as the car was quite squirrely on some of the long sweeping off ramps here in mid Maryland.
ZERO NVH increase when installed. You wouldn't even know its there except for the immense reduction in body roll and turn in.
Hardware is top notch grade 8 with zinc plating. Comes with everything you need to install the piece besides your tools and time.
Price is more than reasonable for this level of craftsmanship. Welds look gorgeous.

Con:
Shipping took a bit longer than expected.
Wish more color choices were available. Would have loved to get it in white to match the exterior paint of the car. Purpa-derp(spelling?) is nice and does stand out when looking at it.

The piece is a great way to firm up the rear. Exactly what the car needed. Thanks again to TB Performance for a cost friendly piece that is well engineered and executed.

Next is the TB front torsion brace(gotta even it out), some Eibach lowering springs and an V3 Access Port from Cobb.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! Just ordered the front "traction" bar and will make a new thread for the review once i get it installed.

Users who are viewing this thread