TB and MAF... recomendations?

Unistang

Established Member
I'm debating about as to how in depth I should get next spring with my mods. So far the list is as follows:

-2.8 pulley and idler setup (lower as well?)
-HE
-CAI
-Prochamber and catback
-IRS upgrade kit
-Evenflow cooling kit (have to look into this more)

I'm also thinking about upgrading the TB and obviously the MAF. Just wondering what you guys have experienced and liked with either or both. What kind of numbers can I expect? Is it even worth the money?

Nick:pepper:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
What is your goal with this car? I would do a SCT 2400 or a 2800 if you plan on putting an aftermarket blower and push some big HP....I would just have your tb ported if your sticking with the eaton. My stock tb/plenum is ported by Amazon. I would go with them or Steggie. If you think you will want more Hp just buy a KB or whipple and don't watse your money with a ported blower. I recommend doing all the supporting mods before you go with the aftermarket blower.

Last edited:

Unistang

Established Member
I don't think I'm ready to go with a kenne bell just yet... I basically wanted to do all that I can without overspining the blower and the associated heat problems with high boost. Given the mods i listed... does an upgraded TB seem practical for my application? If so what do you guys recommend? Also, what MAF's have you guys had good luck with?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
SCT 2400 for the power range you are wanting and an accufab wouldnt be bad either. Wont be a big power increase for you but the throttle response is HUGE! Billetflow would be the best TB to choose but Doug doesnt have any in the works right now.

Users who are viewing this thread