Taxes are DONE!

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Did mine via Turbo Tax saturday. According to the IRS website, all the tax software co's only do them for free if your AGI is under $56k. Ours was over that but it wound up still being free. Dunno how that worked.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
so i'd rather have the 8 grand over the entire year than lose it for 11 months.

I didn't lose anything. It's like have a savings account that I don't have to worry about; and then when the time comes I invest it how I see fit. I feel I have a better chance of holding onto a large chunk and putting it away rather then an extra $660 a month I would probably just waste on frivilous shit. But I understand your thought, it's just a matter of opinion.:rolling:

Last edited:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I am going to get around 11k back this year... 7500 of it is the first time home buyers tax credit... if anyone of you bought a house between april and now I strongly urge that you take a look at this... its one hell of a deal.

Juruense

Banned
Well the first time credit pisses me off because in 2001 I was a first time buyer and it did not exist for me :fm:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Are you nuts? I'm getting everything back I paid in less about $400. You tell me how that's NOT a good thing?
Yea getting $8,000 wired to my checking account really blows.

You do realize that those 8,000 bux were yours to begin with, and should NOT have been witheld from you in the first place. This means you gave Uncle Sam an 8,000 dollar loan for free all this time.

People like you think that this is a gift from the goverment for being you...nah son this was ur own money that should've stayed in your pocket all this time, yet for some reason or another it was take out of your income.

Hey, give me 100 grand right now and I'll give it back to you a year from now in the same exact amount. By ur thinking, in february 2010 u'll think ur getting a $100,000 gift from me...

RGrossman

Established Member
I will owe some this year. I prefer to take more deductions and put the extra money into a high interest savings account. Makes no sense to give the government an interest free loan...

Coiled03

Established Member
Think I might owe this year. Depends on how getting married effects my return.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I am going to get around 11k back this year... 7500 of it is the first time home buyers tax credit... if anyone of you bought a house between april and now I strongly urge that you take a look at this... its one hell of a deal.

Any idea if they are still doing this?

I am going to be buying a house in the next 6-8 months

Thanks

:beer:

earl lee

Established Member
Had a friend do mine, getting back enough to pay off one my cars. Good enough for me.

Good thing I dont live in cali, theirs are frozen. Cali ftml.

rcksblr

Established Member
Because I didn't recieve one last year (was claimed as a dependant) I am eligible to recieve one this year... TurboTax referred to it as a rebate check.

Serious? I used Turbo Tax and that wasn't referred to me. Also, I was claimed as a dependent last year..

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Any idea if they are still doing this?

I am going to be buying a house in the next 6-8 months

Thanks

:beer:

if you buy in the next 6 months your out of luck... I think your closing date has to be by june 2009 to qualify for it. You apply for it when you do your taxes. Turbo tax pretty much does it all for you.

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
Are you nuts? I'm getting everything back I paid in less about $400. You tell me how that's NOT a good thing?:poke:
Yea getting $8,000 wired to my checking account really blows.
You just lent the IRS $8000 TAX FREE/INTEREST FREE and thats NOT a good thing!!! Try oweing the IRS money and they will tax the hell out of it and will throw interest on it if not paid. What bank will loan money to someone and not charge interest, not one??
So technically you are NUTS for getting that much back. I try and get close to $0 back every year. This year I got $200 back. :banana:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
if you buy in the next 6 months your out of luck... I think your closing date has to be by june 2009 to qualify for it. You apply for it when you do your taxes. Turbo tax pretty much does it all for you.

Damn! It has to be closed on by July 1st :cuss: That sucks, is there any word on them extending it for the 2009 tax season?? Or coming up with a new tax credit for first time buyers???

Also, say there are two first time buyers purchasing the house, do you both qualify for the $7500 tax credit or does just one of the buyers qualify?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread