Tax break?

runsonboost

Established Member
While my wife was doing our taxes this year using Turbo Tax there was an option to claim costs for converting a vehicle to alternative fuel. There were examples but ethanol wasnt one of them. You were able to claim the price of parts for the conversion, but we didnt claim it as I didnt see ethanol on the example list. Has anyone talked to a financial advisor or accountant to see if its possible to claim those expenses? I obviously cant now, but might be useful info for someone down the road.

sknapp302

Established Member
While my wife was doing our taxes this year using Turbo Tax there was an option to claim costs for converting a vehicle to alternative fuel. There were examples but ethanol wasnt one of them. You were able to claim the price of parts for the conversion, but we didnt claim it as I didnt see ethanol on the example list. Has anyone talked to a financial advisor or accountant to see if its possible to claim those expenses? I obviously cant now, but might be useful info for someone down the road.

Look for your states conversion to ultra low emission vehicle. You car will have to be converted to run on ultra low emission fuel only. In Colorado 55% of the conversion expense is deductible. As an added bonus in Colorado, vehicle becomes emissions exempt! :beer:

More info for Colorado Vehicles:
http://forums.coloradoracing.net/index.php?/topic/131939-must-read-no-joke-how-to-get-up-to-18000-cash-back-for-converting-your-gas-engine-to-e-85-ethanol/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread