Tasteful steering wheel cover?

TK Doom

Established Member
My Mystichrome one is a taaaddd faded, are there any tasteful ones out there until i can find a rare oem replacement?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Get some driving gloves? If it’s already faded and you’re planning on replacing it anyway, why worry about it? I use a cheap $7 neoprene stretchy wheel cover from autozone. Does the truck and leaves no residue behind after you take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Have you tried cleaning it? If it’s looking rough, you have nothing to lose.

You could buy another Mystichrome wheel, but they are rare and pricey. I avoid putting my hands on the color changing sections for this reason.

I’ve seen replacement wheels from ~ $700 for a wheel recovered in original leather (I have one on standby) to $1200 for a new in box wheel.

Last edited:

TK Doom

Established Member
Good idea on the cleaning. What would you recommend to use?

As to driving gloves, I think i would look odd using them!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Good idea on the cleaning. What would you recommend to use?

As to driving gloves, I think i would look odd using them!

I use Pinnacle Black Label leather care products (cleaner/conditioner/protectant), but any decent leather cleaner would work. I recommend getting a horse hair brush (it’s soft), spraying the cleaner on the brush and working the steering wheel leather. Once done scrubbing, wipe with a water dampened rag. Then hit it with a conditioner and see how it looks.

TK Doom

Established Member
Used some turtle wax brand cleaner.
Found some mystichrome colored leather!
But a lot of it is worn...i spent an hour plus on it. I'll try more next weekend and touch up my Vert's steering wheel too before it turns bad like my Coupe's.

Definitely feels better to drive...not covered in 14 years of sweat, oil and dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread