Tasca Show

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish I knew earlier it was tomorrow. I would have gone. Always a nice show!

bigmoose

Established Member
They did a poor job advertising it. It's not on their site. I only found the Facebook page by searching tasca 20th

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that sucks. I remember back around 2005-2007 or so they did a nice job publicizing it. Hey, it attracts folks to their dealership. Makes sense to use the show as a marketing tool. Do they still open up the staff cafeteria to attendees?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I talked to Bob a few weeks ago, I think they've gotten to the point of being so active in so many avenues it's become harder to be better than average at advertising each one.

He said they're looking to expand their help on events so they can better publicize events.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Didn't know it till just now. LOL

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
During the height of the show a few years ago they would have Carroll Shelby, jack roush, bob Tasca sr., bob Tasca jr., Steve Saleen, etc all signing autographs.

The only one here today is tasca jr and Steve Saleen.

Also, back then the show was free, today it was $20 to enter, but you get a free Tasca T shirt.

bigmoose

Established Member
Surprised at the turnout considering no one knew about it. The main area was full by 10 and the back lot behind the shop filled by 11 or so. Apparently it was some tasca/saleen anniversary thing so alot of saleens. There was a mystichrome saleen vert there which was cool. Not a saleen fan but a bunch of nice cars. They had every generation of Ford GT represented as well.

As usual getting in was a shitshow as the person at the entrance table was completely incompetent.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
During the height of the show a few years ago they would have Carroll Shelby, jack roush, bob Tasca sr., bob Tasca jr., Steve Saleen, etc all signing autographs.

The only one here today is tasca jr and Steve Saleen.

Also, back then the show was free, today it was $20 to enter, but you get a free Tasca T shirt.
Back when I used to go, it was free but you had to bring at least one non-perishable food item for the local food pantry. They always had a live band back then, too. Not sure if they still do that.

Surprised at the turnout considering no one knew about it. The main area was full by 10 and the back lot behind the shop filled by 11 or so. Apparently it was some tasca/saleen anniversary thing so alot of saleens. There was a mystichrome saleen vert there which was cool. Not a saleen fan but a bunch of nice cars. They had every generation of Ford GT represented as well.

As usual getting in was a shitshow as the person at the entrance table was completely incompetent.
Nice that there was a decent turnout. Awesome weather!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Were you there when they started up the TascaParts.com nitro funny car today? Did they have the Beach Boys tribute band there again?

bigmoose

Established Member
Were you there when they started up the TascaParts.com nitro funny car today? Did they have the Beach Boys tribute band there again?
I left before they started it up. I was parked right across from it. Yeah they did have the beach boys tribute band playing again this year, they were pretty good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, that's kind of how I remember it back when I last attended one of their shows. A few small revs, 2-3 full throttle blips, and then shut it off.

I will say that Tasca puts together a nice show. Nice that the Rhode Island Food Bank benefited from the spectators bringing two non-perishable food items for admission.

bigmoose

Established Member
IMG_20170909_110352186_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170909_110637874_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170909_123112269_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170909_124217418_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170909_123910750_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread