Tampa Auto shop, and rear gear question?

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
HI Everybody

I have a 2011 Mustang GT (M6) with Roush Supercharger pushing570whp and 505wtq. I want to down grade my car from 3.73 gears to 3.31 or 3.15,and should I also get some stronger axles installed at the same time. What areyour suggestions on what gears I should go with, and should I upgrade my axlesor wait? I’m also looking for a good shop to take my car to here in Tampa ifanybody could point me in right direction I would appreciate it

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I know of someone running 9.60's with a TVS & 150 shot of spray, but it's in an A6 & drag radials... He told me the stock axles are strong. The posi unit will ware out before the axles need replaced... Depends how hard on slicks your launching I guess... He's been 1.41 60'

kbmag1

Established Member
Another vote for RI. Besides myself, I've recommended a couple of friends who went to RI with very positive dealings.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Go with 3:31's from ford racing, if you have the budget upgrade to a Detroit tru trac its one of the strongest zero maintenance diffs out there. If you go this route upgrade to strange axles they can take more punishment then any stock axles...

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Do you have the Detroit tru trac installed on your car, and if so do you get any type of odd noise like (pop/clack/rattle/whining) or backlash.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah i have all that i mentioned , i have no weird noises, i just hear my 4:10's which have a faint whine, its completely tolerable. Especially when my entire modified rearend suspension has no rubber bushings anywhere. Poly bushings on the uca at both ends of its mount. synthetic elastomer everywhere else!!!

Users who are viewing this thread