Tall People with after market seats/brackets

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Ok, I'm 6'2" 223 and in my convertible the car is ok with the top down but with the roof up I'm claustrophobic. Who has aftermarket seats and brackets that allow you sit lower and have more leg room. I'm looking for seats that don't break the bank but match the black/grey leather -alcantra look.

Post pics and prices if you don't mind

recalcitrant

Established Member
Ok, I'm 6'2" 223 and in my convertible the car is ok with the top down but with the roof up I'm claustrophobic. Who has aftermarket seats and brackets that allow you sit lower and have more leg room. I'm looking for seats that don't break the bank but match the black/grey leather -alcantra look.

Post pics and prices if you don't mind

I am 6'5" 225. I don't have much problem. However, I don't drive mine with the top up. I was just thinking that you would have to go aft because lowering with brackets would not gain you much. The seat is already on the floor for the most part. Good luck.

20psirabbit

Established Member
Between the thickness of the seat bottom and the power bracket/rail assembly, I think there's quite a bit to be gained with some aftermarket seats in terms of lower height. I talked to wedge engineering who deals solely in aftermarket seats and they make custom seat brackets, one of the main guys over there said hands down recaros are going to get you down the lowest. He said the biggest part is that they don't have really tall thick bottom pads but they still are made to be comfortable enough for regular driving depending on what seat you buy. They're a little more pricey than I want but I think I'm going to put recaro sportster cs in my car. Black vinyl with black suede inserts to keep the same overall feel, and they look classy without looking too boy racer like a lot of aftermarket seats do.

Users who are viewing this thread