Talked to JBA about midlength headers, price, gains, etc

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Bored at work today so I decided to give the good people at JBA a call.

I was interested in the midlength headers:
6625S_wm.jpg

Hes confident they should go into production next month. They are not CARB legal, but "race only". They have not come to a decision on the coating options, their guesstimate is that the stainless ones will run around $700 and ceramic coated will be in the neighborhood of $800-$900.

On the test mule 03, it picked up 26-27rwhp over stock headers. He said that the car had a 3" exhaust and some other mods. The mid lengths picked up about 10rwhp over their shorties.

Their shorty headers with 1 5/8" primaries picked up around 16rwhp, so about 10 less to the wheels than the midlengths. These were both tested on the same car.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I love those claims. If we made what everybody claimed?There would be some 800rwhp 03 Cobra's running around.
600 without a pulley would be common.

jim v.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Jimmy,
If that ain't the truth!

I also spoke with JBA yesterday about there new midlength header and they also told me they are redesigning the shorty header by making the port holes larger on the flange so they match up perfectly! Both of these headers will be ready by late February or early March for anyone interested!

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
They are not CARB legal, but "race only".
I had "race only" headers on my previous LT1 Camaro for seven years and it passed smog in Calif. every time. No one ever checked for a CARB number.

Users who are viewing this thread