Talk to me about 9 inch SRA

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
Folks, I don’t know much about rearends, so I am going to have some simple questions. I notice most everyone that swap seem to stick with 8.8. But I would like to go 9 inch. I went to a local shop to see about building a 9 inch. The tech at the shop recommend getting housing from moser and 35 spline shafts, he said anymore than that is a waste because my car is not heavy enough.
My questions to the experts here: Why 35 and not less? Will I have to change the drive shaft?

My car will be used for drag, road courses and sometimes as a daily driver. Definitely do not want to lose my ABS and I am trying to keep this project under $5,000. I found 8.8 setups on ebay, but I haven't been able to find any complete 9 inch setup...If there is a place that sell 9 inch set ups and please share.

Thanks

Sick SVT

Established Member
People are running with 31 and 33 spline well into the 9's and some into the 8's. 9" with 35 spline is a heavy duty setup and is most likely more than you would need. A well built 8.8 is usually more than enough for most of us. Plenty of places sell built 9" rear ends but the 8.8 seems to be more readily accessible. These guys should be able to get you something

http://www.quickperformance.com/QP-...-BODY-9-Inch-Housing-Axle-Package_p_4015.html

Users who are viewing this thread