Talk me out of it....

Turbosixx

Established Member
Well, it's happening again. I'm online looking at Z06's. I've been known to do this in the past and I can't seem to stop. I've only owned one Corvette in the past and it was a C5 in which I installed heads/cam/headers/converter ect. and it was a real fun car. Only ran mid 11's but still it was a fun driver. I really liked that car, wish I'd have never sold it. Oh well you live and you learn.
A little history on myself here, I've been into cars since I was 15 (I'm 36 now) and have modified every single one of them. Starting with VW bugs, then on to Fox body 5.0's, then Grand Nationals (that lasted a long time) F Body LS cars, the one C5, even put a Mercedes E55 in the 11.00 range, now the Coyote 5.0. As you can see I've had several different cars, and it seems I'm ready to move on to a C6 Z06. The thing is, the 5.0 gives me no real reason to move on. I mean, its faster than a stock Z06 and it's more practical. I can bring the family out to eat in the Mustang and go grocery shopping after. It gets good milage, it looks good and with the mods I've done its runs 10.60-70's at 132 mph. There's really no logical reason to sell it. But man those Z06's are nice! The prices are in the low 40's-high 30's for a decent milage car. Definately affordable if I sell the Mustang. Not sure on the insurance comparison, I have no tickets or accidents so I don't expect an outrageous difference. Owning one is nowhere near impossible.
So tell me, what would you do?
e3e16a98.jpg

60f7b778.jpg

D.T.R

Established Member
what's done to your mustang to run 10.7@132 ?

It's all in what you want or need. The 5.0 is more practical. The z06 looks more exotic.
Both have a lot of potential for going fast.

SicShelby09

Banned
I say do it. Im in love with them too so you are not going to get talked out of it by me. I had a blown C6, and I miss the shit out of it. The only reason I got back into mustangs was I wanted the back seats. Now I realize that I never take the kids out in it because they are still too little, and the car seats dont fit good so I should have never let it go. I will probably pay off my mustang in a few years and get another C6, but this time a Z06. And by then I should be able to get a '10 or '11 model for cheap. The good thing is there are 5 years worth to choose from and they are all the same in terms of power and handling.

Turbosixx

Established Member
what's done to your mustang to run 10.7@132 ?

It's all in what you want or need. The 5.0 is more practical. The z06 looks more exotic.
Both have a lot of potential for going fast.

Yeah it's been consistent .67-70 at over 130 mph.

I say do it. Im in love with them too so you are not going to get talked out of it by me. I had a blown C6, and I miss the shit out of it. The only reason I got back into mustangs was I wanted the back seats. Now I realize that I never take the kids out in it because they are still too little, and the car seats dont fit good so I should have never let it go. I will probably pay off my mustang in a few years and get another C6, but this time a Z06. And by then I should be able to get a '10 or '11 model for cheap. The good thing is there are 5 years worth to choose from and they are all the same in terms of power and handling.

Dude you're not helping me lol.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you buy a Z06 I will come to your house and paint it pink. I will then put Hello Kitty stickers all over it.

C6 Z's are nice man, I dont know what I would do if I were you. Your 5.0 sounds like a beast though.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
You either want or Corvette or you want a Mustang. Not that complicated. :shrug:

Turbosixx

Established Member
You either want or Corvette or you want a Mustang. Not that complicated. :shrug:

True, but do I want to be that guy that's labeled as a "prick with a Vette"? Do I want to be the guy that shows up at the track and lays down a blistering 11.8x @125 mph wishing I could drive it as easy as the Mustang I have? That's just a couple of questions I have in my mind.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
True, but do I want to be that guy that's labeled as a "prick with a Vette"? Do I want to be the guy that shows up at the track and lays down a blistering 11.8x @125 mph wishing I could drive it as easy as the Mustang I have? That's just a couple of questions I have in my mind.

You can be a prick in a Mustang just as easy. :lol1:

People have preconceived notions about every car regardless of who is driving it. Don't forget the old man in a leather Corvette jacket. :thumbsup:

D.T.R

Established Member
Why do you want another vette? is it more fun to drive? are you trying to go a lot faster than your mustang?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I say keep that gorgeous Mustang and enjoy pounding the Z06s and the ZR-1s with that silent assassin you drive. That thing is pure stealth.

Mike

Bad Intention

Established Member
I say follow your heart. If you want Z06 then get one. Your 5.0 is very nice car but something has to be drawing toward the Vette.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
I thinks it's the exotic look of the Z. I was planning on getting a Z06 before I bought the mustang. I backed out because I figured I needed the back seats. My kids rarely ever ride in the Mustang though.

My main problem is I have too much time to think about shit like this.

cmsnake

Established Member
I had a mild bolt on 6 speed c5. I miss that car. That is the only GM product I lust over. With that being said, it depends on what you use the car for. Daily driver? Stick with that mean stang in your driveway. Weekend toy/cruiser? Id probably look at the Z. My problem was my c5 was my DD and after about a year id had enough. Super uncomfortable to get in and out of, constantly watching for curbs and speedbumps like my life depended on it. The mustang is way easier to deal with on a daily basis. Plus at the moment I need the backseat, Ive got a 3 year old daughter with me full time.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
^^^^^ well on my brothers 2007 z06 with a 150 shot blew the torque tube/cracked the trans case and 8k to fix it!it got fixed and traded!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread