Talk me out of it

Phyxius

Established Member
I'm thinking about selling my Lightning and getting something thats better on gas. All my friends that own L's don't seem to think that I'm seious, but I just don't think I can afford the gas if it gets any higher, and I'm kind of itchin for something new. I'm actually lookin at either a 2004 VW GTI R32 in blue ( which is really hot lookin ) or a brand new GTI with the DSG tranny. I know they don't have as much HP as my L but they get like 3 times the gas mileage and are still a ball to drive.

So talk me out of it.

Lee

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Going from a f150 to a cramped up car...? It's your leg cramps man... :thumbsup: I can't hack driving/riding in a cramped up car, especially the new school mini cars, lol... Every time I get out of a car and into my L.... oh god is the extra money it costs so worth the added comfort!

grayghost

Established Member
Got to due whats best for you. Though you could just buy a beater for your everday driving. Then you can have the best of both worlds.

qwklightning

Established Member
grayghost said:
Got to due whats best for you. Though you could just buy a beater for your everday driving. Then you can have the best of both worlds.

+1 you'll miss it.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I sold mine to pay some stuff of with the intent to go built when I got a new one. I had another one less than a year later and got plans to go built very soon I hope. You will miss it when it's gone trust me, wait it out and you will be glad you did.

SVT99RED

Established Member
yeah go buy a vw bug and be done with it, we will claim to have never known you. goodbye

j/p if you are iching for something new sleep with a hooker.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
As stated above you have to do whats best for you. If you cant afford, it, then you cant afford it.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
lightninmike said:
If your that worried about gas prices get a VW TDI as it gets 40mpg

A few tweaks with a computer, vag com I think it's called and it'll get over 50, even the auto's. They are also prone to the clogged intercooler like our trucks only worse. But there is a code you put into the program that stops that, after you clean it of course.

Users who are viewing this thread