Talk about customer service!

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I hope nobody minds but I would love to share this story of customer service on this forum.

A short while ago I ordered a Pulley Puller from pulleyboys.com the product was an excellent tool yet didn't quite fit the new Cobra due to some clearance problems. Nothing a Dremel tool couldn't take care of and did very neatly.

I explained to Brian from Pulley Boys the slight adjustment that would need to be made. Brian asked if he could borrow my stock pulley in order to fabricate the correct tool in which I obliged and shipped it to him.

Since I never missed the pulley I kind of forgot about it, I go to check the mail today and there is a box inside, return address pulley boys, the box seems rather heavy for the one pulley I sent him.

I open the box and find a letter of appreciation from Brian stating how he appreciated the use of the pulley. He also sent a brand new and revised Pulley Boys Puller at N/C

Needless to say I find this way beyond normal customer service and was greatly appreciative.

Thanks for reading.

Brian, Thanks again!

:beer:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I purchased the pulleyboys puller after I read your review of it a long time ago. I received the 03 version which was a cinch to use once I figured out the directions!

f4sfed

Established Member
I may be a sucker but, I'm usually willing to pay more for something, if I get good customer service with it.

Great story, and congrats! Thanks for sharing! How's the new version of the puller?

...there really IS customer service still out there. And it's good to hear about once in a while.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I have had good experiences with them as well.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
It feels good to support business's that care about us the customer, I am happy you guys had great results also.

f4sfed,

The only difference I can see is the bottom is shaved to allow access without interference with the coolant lines. This puller made mince meat out of the job.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Z06_2002
It feels good to support business's that care about us the customer, I am happy you guys had great results also.

f4sfed,

The only difference I can see is the bottom is shaved to allow access without interference with the coolant lines. This puller made mince meat out of the job.

Looks like they removed material from the sides too. Around the bottom holes. Haven't used it yet, but it looks like it'll work perfect.:beer:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
I may be a sucker but, I'm usually willing to pay more for something, if I get good customer service with it.

I couldn't agree more. That's the way it's supposed to work. There is a lot to be said for loyalty when it comes to someone who goes the extra mile to treat you right.:thumbsup:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Yeah... couldn't agree more.

I bought one of the first 03 Cobra pulley puller when they released it. Solid steel construction. Perfect fit and works perfectly without scratching scraping or harming the stock pulley! :thumbsup:

ksteinbach

Established Member
So if you remove the pulley using their puller can the stock pulley be put back on without any trace that it had been removed?

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Glad to hear it! Customer service in the mustang auto parts business sucks in general. Not so say everyone is like that but in the 8 years I have been buying mustang parts I tend to see wrench heads that somehow made it to the front counter/telephone and really belong out back with no interaction with customers.

The more competitive this business gets the better the customer service will be.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
I tend to see wrench heads that somehow made it to the front counter/telephone and really belong out back with no interaction with customers.

That just about describes UPR....

Don't expect much from them in terms of friendly greetings, helpful explanations, etc... You may get your question answered, but they make you feel like a dummy and want to get rid of you quick!

I do have to admit that their products have worked great for me, thus so far.......

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
That just about describes UPR....

Don't expect much from them in terms of friendly greetings, helpful explanations, etc... You may get your question answered, but they make you feel like a dummy and want to get rid of you quick!

I do have to admit that their products have worked great for me, thus so far.......

That is exactly how I felt when I ordered from them. The parts I got are great so far but when I got off the phone with them I wasn't even sure if I was going to get what I wanted. Felt like I was keeping them from something more important.

Users who are viewing this thread