Talk about a stock, unmolested Snake....

66GT350

Established Member
I was going through the engine compartment this morning, you know, making out a punch list and doing a little detailing here and there and thought I outta check out the air filter element, lo and behold, if the air silencer wasn't still in there!!! Along with a kinda dirty Motorcraft air filter LOL. Forgot what a PIA it is to get that sucker out of the firewall, last time I saw one was on the Mrs 3.8L ragtop. No worries, it's in the trash now. Off to A-Zone for a K&N this morning. Guess the P.O. wasn't kidding when he said there were no mods to the motor.

Gonna detail the interior this afternoon, I bettin' I'll find the build sheet when I pull the rear seats, too :D

RyClef331

Established Member
My ride still had it too...after a 110,000miles even. It was gone by the weekend after. I haven't yanked the seat for the build sheet yet. I do plan on it when I eliminate em.

blk96SVT

Established Member
mine was the same way last year! It was a dream come true! Black/black Cobra was the car I was looking for and found it with 44,xxx miles on it and nothing at all had been touched! A year later, I can't say its still untouched, but I love it more than I did last year, this cars are great!!!

Tim

RyClef331

Established Member
hell yeah, I remember when I first found mine when I was new to the 'stang world. A couple of buddies were like "You ran a 14.8 granny shifting, with that thing still installed?!?"

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
Mine was a dream come true also. Triple blk/vert...all original with ~6k on the clock. Owned by a retired gentleman. He put less than 2k/yr.;) :D

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
My 96 still had the silencer on it when I got it. Yanked it off when we stopped for gas before I even got it home. LOL

nick

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
My 94 was stone stock when I bought it in 97. I can honestly say now the only stock items on the car are the carpet, dash, glass, body and gas tank. I look at the reciepts and almost cry, but when I drive it I forget it all.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I hope my build sheet is under my rear seats. Gonna attempt a rear-seat delete kit so we'll see.

As for my Cobra, she was bone stock when I bought her in Dec of '99 with 16K miles.

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
Bought mine in June 2002 w/10k. Original everything .65 year old man owned car. Front license plate still taped on the underside of the trunk, locking lugs and build sheet were under the spare tire. she was mint.....

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i bought my car with 52xxx miles on it and it still had the paper air filter. I beat a few lt1s and they all accused me of having a gear, cold air, and LTs. One guy said i sprayed him..hehe

Users who are viewing this thread