Talk about a sleeper: Viper engine in a classic truck!

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
I was at our local "hot-rod" hangout night and saw this bad-boy:

Outside...very un-assuming!!
Truck.jpg

Inside...Hmm...interesting!
InteriorCluster.jpg

Under the hood...Daaaaaaamn!!
ViperEngine.jpg

Driving off:
th_VIDEO_006_mpeg2video.jpg

For some reason, the sound on my phone took a dump, sorry folks :(

Thing is, this thing sounded quiet as a mouse. Unless you saw under the hood, you would NEVER know this thing had a viper engine in it!! I didn't get to talk to the guy so I don't know many details. All I know is that I bet he surprises a lot of people!!

-N

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
carrrnuttt said:
That is like a perfect sleeper. With those dual stacks he's running, the last thing anyone will think of when seeing the truck is "performance".

BTW, are those stacks functional?

yes thet are functional..... and BTW the little red express trucks used to be the fastest production truck out.... (before the light,and the SRT)

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
vtecthis349pony said:
yes thet are functional..... and BTW the little red express trucks used to be the fastest production truck out.... (before the light,and the SRT)

You forgot the Syclone. ;-)

Thanks for that. Something new for me to learn. I guess I just never looked to trucks for performance as a kid. Plus my stepdad was a Chebby guy.

Hmm. I just read up on them. Considering they were faster than even most of the cars in its time, (for those that recognize them) they won't be much of a sleeper, lol. But for people like me, who never had a chance to get to know this type of truck, I'd be shocked.

Last edited:

Shackleford

Established Member

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Shackleford said:
There's a guy on Dodgetalk.com who has the same truck, with a V10, but he put a Novi on it. The iron block V10 though. I almost thought this was the same one at first and had to look it up again.

He has a long build up thread dating back to 2002. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5512

A recent "interview" at a car show or something
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnWOIn76yM

Damn. I missed that. I'm a member there, but I usually stick to the Durango forums to get more info about my own Durango and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread