Taking your ECM back to stock...

Morningstar908

Established Member
I recently took my vortech off my 96 cobra. I bought the car with the blower on, and have decided to remove it. I dont know whether anything was changed in the ECM...is there any way to check...if anything has been changed (i.e. tune for the blower) can I take it back to stock specs???

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Why are you taking the SC off? I just got my Vortech on last week and had to send the computer to Vortech to get it reflashed. Try contacting the original owner to see if he had any other tuning done to the car. If not contact Vortech and they should be able to undo the flash.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Morningstar908 said:
I recently took my vortech off my 96 cobra. I bought the car with the blower on, and have decided to remove it. I dont know whether anything was changed in the ECM...is there any way to check...if anything has been changed (i.e. tune for the blower) can I take it back to stock specs???

depending on when the blower was installed, it may just have a chip.

Remove the computer (passenger side front kick panel) and look for a chip in the J-Port (top of the PCM).

If there is no chip, then it was flashed. You can head back to the dealer. They should be able to do a reflash for about 1 hours worth of labor ($85 or so)

Users who are viewing this thread