Taking the Cobra back to South Carolina

USMCracing

Established Member
Well I'm going to be going home to SC for the Holiday and too look at houses in Jacksonville, FL. So I'm going to trailer the Cobra to SC and leave it at my mom's till I get to JAX. It'll make the move in Feb. easier with just the Expedition and the moving truck. I'm also going to tow a friend's truck to JAX when I make the final move to JAX in Feb. Its going to be long trip with Emily and towing the Cobra. We hope to make to SC by Christmas Eve. I don't know if the Marine Corp will let me leave on Fri. or Mon. id all depends on when I can pick up my leave papers. Here's our route,

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=...a,+Az&country=us&tcsz=Andrews,+SC&tcountry=us

Check out my web site, just click on the red (www) below.

Steven

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Best of luck on the move :thumbsup: I'm not too far from Jacksonville, let me know sometime and we can get together...maybe a north Fl, South Ga GTG or something.

USMCracing

Established Member
Well I'm leaving in the morning for SC. Me and my are going to tag team drive so we can be in SC by Christmas. Already have the Cobra loaded on the trailer and ready to go. So to all here at SVTperformance have a Merry Christmas and Happy New years. I'll use my brother's computer and let you know how the trip was. I'm also trying to talk my wife into letting me pick a set of 03 Cobra 9s and 10.5 wheels and tires from a guy in Ga.

66GT350

Established Member
Hey USMC, just did the big road trip in my new snake.....didn't trailer, just drove her. Really enjoyed the wide open spaces out in AZ, nice smooth, open roads and not a lot of LLE around! Nice routing you chose, a suggestion would be to check Weather.com for the specific route you are driving, I found it very helpful. You can check by region/interstate, just click on "driving". Just got off your I-10/I-20 route on Saturday and I can tell you it's pretty clean, construction-wise. Expect some delays just east of El Paso where it's down to one lane either direction for about 20 miles. Not stop and go, just down to the double nickle.

Since you are going right through my 'hood in Dallas feel free to PM me if you are staying overnight there.....be my pleasure to buy a burger and a beer for you and the Mrs to say thanks for serving. If we don't connect, have a safe trip and enjoy your new posting at JAX.

Semper Fi

Users who are viewing this thread