taking her in for service and a couple of goodies

lgonz051

Established Member
Im taking in my cobra in for a mobil 1 synthetic (5w-20) oil change, They are fixing my tapping TOB and installing lethal's TOB sleeve,

photo-2.jpg

Ford racing HD TOB and pilot bearing. While tranny is out installing the LDC HCM and Clutch freeplay correction kit. They are also changing my tranny fluid with the Dexron III.

As far as engine work is concerned they are installing Ford Gt blue valve covers and billet ford racing coil covers, 60# injectors, JLT Carbon Fiber RAI, and SCT ba-2600 MAF with alum housing.

Yes they are giving me a baseline tune to drive it around.

Next month coming back putting the 2.76 upper and Fore Hat with twin GT pumps and dual fpdm's and custom tuning it with Paul Meister

Im really excited to see how different my engine bay will look. I will post pics once i get her back. All work is being professionally done by a local shop where i live Torq in Miramar, FL.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
im surprised you havent done an upper already... especially with a ported blower.
your going to love it!

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
i would love to have some of the blue valve covers/chrome coil covers. what do they run price wise? and is swappin valve covers a garage friendly job? Is there anything special I would have to do before/when I put them back on or is it a simple swap? I know theres a gasket.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
When you do the upper pulley swap, put a snub idler pulley in there and you'll need a longer belt. It will help prevent belt slip. Might as well do it, or have them do it while they are in there.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I highly suggest putting in pennzoil synchromesh in. Look for my thread.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Gonna be a sweet set-up for sure.

The Ford Racing blue valve covers are discontinued. If anyone still has them they range in price from $300-500 :eek: I too like them a lot and picked up some stockers from a friend and having them powdercoated the same blue. Cant wait to get those suckers on with all of my goodies sitting on my dining room table :dancenana:

lgonz051

Established Member
Okay so i got a call back from Torq and they informed me that i need a new clutch, i had a Spec Stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel were improperly installed and i really did not like the feel of it for daily driving. I had them re-surface the flywheel with a new insert, and bought a Spec Stage 3+ clutch kit, and i am using the Ford racing HD TOB and pilot bearing, Lethal's TOB sleeve, LDC head cooling mod and LDC clutch free-play correction kit and Steeda clutch adjuster kit. Also told them i would prefer to use Pennzoil synchromesh over Dexron III thanks to you guys. :beer:

Last edited:

lgonz051

Established Member
I asked the shop to send me a picture of the engine bay and they sent me one, ill take some more as soon as i get her back. Enjoy let me know what you think. The 60# injectors are in, SCT MAF, JLT carbon fiber RAI, Blue Ford GT valve covers, and coil covers. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic.

securedownload-4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread