Votes: 91 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I had the roush louvers on my old s197 and loved the looks of them. But there are two major cons about them.

1. They scratch the paint from moving around if theyre not bolted on tight enough and if theyre too tight.
2. When your sitting in the back you cant see all the sexy cars/girls that the people in front point out

im going with taking them off, and replacing them with the saleen louvers or the flush fit ones posted above :beer:

saleen5.jpg

61mmstang94

Established Member
Here are some pics
shelby07.jpg

silverhorselouverinstal.jpg

mdmp090501zs197fordmust.jpg

dsc0126.jpg

And backing up is no problem with these, they are angled so you can see when looking back..
108721860308d78c90a9b.jpg

And a Grabber Blue 10 GT500 with them
silerhorseracing2010flu.jpg

silerhorseracing2010flu.jpg

Those look sick. I actually like those. :beer:

I have been trying to figure out if I should ditch the side louvers or not? They came with the car when i bought it. I will have to do a decent amount of work to make sure the paint is ok underneath of them, they kind of suck because they vibrate sometimes and make it a bitch to back out of a parking spot. Also you cannot clean underneath of them.

Here is a picture for reference:
DSC02334.gif
That looks terrible. I'd take those things off or go with the ones I quoted above.

I had the roush louvers on my old s197 and loved the looks of them. But there are two major cons about them.

1. They scratch the paint from moving around if theyre not bolted on tight enough and if theyre too tight.
2. When your sitting in the back you cant see all the sexy cars/girls that the people in front point out

im going with taking them off, and replacing them with the saleen louvers or the flush fit ones posted above :beer:

saleen5.jpg
Those quarter windows from the Saleen look pretty good, too.

But my vote still goes for the ones that come stock on the Cobra Jet...they look sharp.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I am going to get new wheels.

Ok my next question, what should I use to take off the double sided tape? Also, what would be the best way to repair the area they covered? I have touch-up paint for the light scratches and I will clay bar the hell out of the area and dump a few coats of wax on it. Anything else?

95riosnake

Established Member
I would also ditch the ones on the car and get the silverhorse ones, they look much better on the car and not so out of place

ssssnake

Established Member
I'm debating whether to get the louvers or the side scoops. Now that I hear the cons on the louvers, I'm thinking side scoops. They look nice though.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Does WD-40 work in getting double sided tape off? I have read a few places about pouring it on and letting it soak in. I am not a big fan of putting anything on my paint and letting it sit.

Or is using a blow dryer to heat the tape a better idea?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread