Take of the hood blanket? Leave on?

Sin

Established Member
Saturday I asked about the hood mod and whether or not to leave on or take off. User Brad said to just take it off looks good. User Norcal said dont take it off cause the paint will get cloudy cause of tempeture, cut the blanket holes larger instead. its not my daily driver (almost) if I did take the blanket off, any idea on the estimate when the hood might get seroiusly worn?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
My F150 has been running w/o a liner for over 3 years on an aluminum (read, heat sink) hood. No problems. It always sits outside too. The hood gets hotter sitting in the summer sun than it does from the engine heat.

The Cobra hoods are composite. I just can't see them tranferring all that much heat through the material. Now, if you never waxed the paint, it always sits outside, and you are always in hot slow moving traffic, I might worry about it.

But I'm practically never in heavy traffic and 99% of the time I'm rolling 40 MPH or more, many coats of wax, and it sits in the garage most of the time. I'm not too worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread